ABS PSM light only when cold

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:29 PM
eddy_911
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ABS PSM light only when cold

Hi All,

I have read many ABS PSM lights thread and the consensus is that it could be caused by either MAF, Wheel Sensor, Air Filter being dirty, brake switch. I have a sort of different situation.

I noticed that the ABS and PSM lights only come on during cold temperature (say 45 F or below) and it doesnt come on when warm even driver after 40 minutes or so.

I changed the air filter tonight and noticed that the airbox was full of dirt.

I went for a drive afterward and the lights did not come on (temp is above 85F).

Also, i know that my brake lights are working so I am ruling out the brake switch issue.

The only thing left is the MAF and wheel sensors. Since the lights are coming on when cold, do you guys agree that the MAF is more likely to be the issue than wheel sensors?

Thanks for reading.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Yourstruly
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddy_911
Hi All,

I have read many ABS PSM lights thread and the consensus is that it could be caused by either MAF, Wheel Sensor, Air Filter being dirty, brake switch. I have a sort of different situation.

I noticed that the ABS and PSM lights only come on during cold temperature (say 45 F or below) and it doesnt come on when warm even driver after 40 minutes or so.

I changed the air filter tonight and noticed that the airbox was full of dirt.

I went for a drive afterward and the lights did not come on (temp is above 85F).

Also, i know that my brake lights are working so I am ruling out the brake switch issue.

The only thing left is the MAF and wheel sensors. Since the lights are coming on when cold, do you guys agree that the MAF is more likely to be the issue than wheel sensors?

Thanks for reading.
I have the same problem. It usually goes away when I cycle the key, but I want to find a solution.

Quick Reply: ABS PSM light only when cold