Sponsored by:

Headlight Switch Question Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Lance Craig
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Switch Question Help

My front fogs lights do not stay pulled out so figure its the switch. Now the question is, which part would most likely be broken the actual big read switch part or the actual black switch which your turn lights on with and pull out. Not sure I know which part would be broken. Any assistance would be amazing. I know both pieces can be purchased separately. I just don't know enough about the assembly to know. From all the DIY's I dont know if the large red pieces would be the stack that clicks when you pull the switch out for fog lights or actual black switch that stay clicked outwards. Thank's for any help!
Old 12-02-2017, 04:13 PM
meirschwartz
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

The black part is only the ****.
You will need to replace the switch itself if it is broken (aluminum body with red plastic part).
Just before you replace anything, take in mind that the fog lights switch will stay pulled, only if the lights are on.
In other words, you can not activate the fog lights by itself.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Lance Craig
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, when lights are on it doesn't stay clicked out so it's probably the actual main switch I am assuming. If you play with it for 5 minutes you can get it to stay out put otherwise it just slides back in
Old 12-02-2017, 04:53 PM
meirschwartz
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

These switches ar POS. I had to replace main at 36k miles.
The funny thing is, I got a replacement for free from a forum member on the 986 forum.
Probebly with higher mileage, but it works fine. A brand new part is not cheap, so maybe you can try your luck with a used one.

Quick Reply: Headlight Switch Question Help