Wink Good Shop In The Oc

HAVE SOME FUN STUFF TO ADD TO MY 02 C2 CAB. PSE EXHAUST
CARBON FIBER E-BRAKE AND B&M SHORT SHIFTER.LIVE IN SEAL BEACH
SO LOOKING FOR GOOD AND FAIR SHOP.

Old 12-11-2003, 03:15 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For your PSE I would have AutoBacs do it... I would say do it yourself but it is a pain in the **** on your back and well worth the $$$! They charged me $100 and did an excellent job! (See my post https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=102571 )

As for the ebrake and and B&M Eric's garage is always open... I will do the mod with you, I will show you how much fun this stuff is to do yourself. All that I ask is that you pay me back, send me something Porsche related after we do the mod... (as I am a fanatic enthusiest!) We can do this mod in about an hour or two... If you need an oil change we can do this one too...

I live in Laguna Beach there is a Crystal Cove car meet this Saturday, I am available after it 9am or so....

Oh and BTW no caps allowed unless you are mad at us!
Old 12-11-2003, 03:22 PM
JakeMate
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on trying these guys out for some future mods. I toured their place and they seemed friendly and knowledgeable.

These Guys
Old 12-11-2003, 03:26 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

I had some bad experiences with both hergesheimer and Vision both shops...One of which they overcharged for the services performed IMHO. PM me offline for my real opinion. Also both of these shops are Race oriented.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:12 PM
cabdan
Track Day

SOUNDS GREAT HOWEVER,TIME WISE DEC. IS CRAZY BUT JAN MIGHT WORK BETTER.I'M ALSO INTERESTED IN YOUR V 1 MIRROR HAVE SEEN ON EBAY . I
THINK I'LL BE GETTING A CARBON FIBER INSTRUSTMENT SURROND TO COMPETE MY CARBON FIBER .SO I'M NOT SURE IF WE COULD PUT THAT IN TO.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:11 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

That's all easy stuff... Just let me know I have garage full of tools!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:24 AM
JakeMate
Racer

Originally posted by SANDOVAL
I had some bad experiences with both hergesheimer and Vision both shops...One of which they overcharged for the services performed IMHO. PM me offline for my real opinion. Also both of these shops are Race oriented.
Good to know.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:01 AM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Don't know firsthand, but many friends say Vision is a no-no.

Personally, I go to Glenn's Porsche in San Dimas. It looks like a rinkydink place behind a drive thru dairy shop, but they own and race 2 GT3 Cup cars, and they definitely know how to work on all modern Porsches. Rates are very reasonable as well!
Old 12-12-2003, 02:44 AM
safetywork
Instructor

Sandoval, I just sent you a PM.

Thanks....
Old 12-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Laura
Pro

Mr. Sandoval,
Sorry about your unpleasant visit to our shop. After 25 years in business, we feel we owe it to our customers to do the job right, to feel confident in the work we perform. Unfortunately in your case, we had a difference of opinion on what could be accomplished with what we were provided.

As for being a race shop, Eric, I think you may have confused us with another. We do about 80% street maintenance and repair and 20% dedicated track cars.
I do hope you were successful in finding a shop that could meet your expectations.

Laura
Hergesheimer MotorSports
Old 12-17-2003, 01:27 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Laura,

I am not about to flame your company on this forum that is why I told people to PM me offline if they want my real opinion. I will PM you now and if you are really as confident as you say you will do the right thing. As for a difference in opinion my troubles with your company had nothing to do with differnece in opinion. I will send you a PM

As far as being a race shop From memory there were 10+ cars at your shop when I droped off and picked up my vehicle 2 or 3 of the cars were stock street cars. There is nothing wrong with this I actually it was a compliment. I would rather take my car to be modified at a race oriented shop then a general mechanic.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:05 PM
fahren affair
Pro

andial in s. ana is well known. they had two 959's in for service this week while my car was there. they were the exclusive engine builder for 962s during imsa's heyday in the '80s. they have a complete race fabrication shop and can handle anything.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:53 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

I have never had work done at Andial but they have been recommended by numerous people.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:11 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

I think those two 959's are owned by Jim Genard(sp?), the owner of Oakley in nearby Foothill Ranch.

I have bought Oakley glasses in the past, does this mean I own a small fraction of those cars????
Old 12-18-2003, 01:24 PM
fahren affair
Pro

Originally posted by chris walrod
I think those two 959's are owned by Jim Genard(sp?), the owner of Oakley in nearby Foothill Ranch.

I have bought Oakley glasses in the past, does this mean I own a small fraction of those cars????
probably they were red and silver cars. i was told they're a bitch to work on. the front diff uses a special lube sourced from shell which is no longer made. bruce canepa supposedly cornered the world market on this stuff. by comparison, it's makes our problems with 996s seem so trivial...and i bet a tt w/ x50 is a better car in everyway, but what a piece of history the 959 is.

Quick Reply: Good Shop In The Oc