Sponsored by:

C4S Offset/Spacers Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 01:44 AM
sixfiveoh
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Arrow C4S Offset/Spacers Question

Hello, I bought my C4S about a month ago and it came with Victor Equipment Badens, and from what I can tell from their offered sizes, they seem to be

18x8 ET 45 Front
18x11 ET 36 Rear

The car is also lowered on PSS10s.

I've done some reading on the forum and I see people say that a 36 offset rear should be flush with the rear, but that's far from the case with my setup. Does anyone have any experience with what offset on an 18x11 gives that really flush look? I've done some guesswork and think I may go with a 25mm spacer in the back, maybe 5-7mm up front but would appreciate any insight from someone with experience.

Front:

Rear:

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,540 Likes on 964 Posts

It sounds like you want something beyond "flush". The wheels and tires in your photos look flush to me; and I think than anything more would protrude from the wheel wells.

Porsche sells an OE 17mm spacer for the 996, but it's designed for wheels with much less offset. That spacer bolts to the hub using your stock wheel bolts, and then you attach the wheel to the spacer using separate wheel nuts. If you get a more traditional spacer, don't forget that you'll need longer wheel bolts.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:03 PM
sixfiveoh
Instructor

I'll give you the front looking semi-flush, but no way on the rear! I suppose I am going for a little more of an aggressive fitment, but with the car lowered these offsets, especially the rear, are very sunken in.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:32 PM
charlieaf92
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Congrats on the purchase!

The stock C4S wheel offsets were

Front 50
Rear 45

That may not get them as flush as you'd like - but thats how it came from the factory and should serve as a good starting point.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

It sounds like "flush fitment" is a subjective description. Porsche generally keeps the OE wheels just inside the fenders to keep debris from spraying up on the sides of the car.

I can see how you'd like something different than your current wheels in the rear if you're looking for an aggressive fitment. I guess you could try some spacers and see what you think. I think that 25mm would be very aggressive in the rear; you're talking about pushing the wheels out by nearly an inch!
Old 09-18-2017, 04:58 PM
sixfiveoh
Instructor

I love the fitment on this car, and actually saw a post on this forum where you responded commenting that you weren't a fan Different strokes!

The car above is on 19s and a little too "stanced" for my taste in tires, but is in the direction of how I'd like the rears to fit. I've been measuring with a ruler but it's hard to tell what 20mm, 25mm, etc will do without seeing it. Maybe I'll just dive in with the 20s and see how it looks!
Old 09-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Old posts are like old emails and texts... they never go away!

That C4S is definitely not something I'd like (wouldn't even be drivable in the mountains where I live), but I do firmly believe that the owner of a car should modify it however he or she pleases! I agree that it's hard to tell how much offset will really be sufficient with a ruler. I ran OE 17mm spacers on the back of my 996 C4S with my winter wheels, but they were still inside the fenders quite a bit.

I've been more open to increased offset as the years go on, but I am still pretty conservative in that regard. I bought new summer wheels for my 991 a few months ago, and I had them custom made for my vehicle. I trusted the manufacturer when it came to rear wheel offset (he assured me that it wouldn't be too aggressive). When they were first mounted on the car, I thought it was WAY too much offset. Now that I've gotten used to it, I really like it. I can definitely see how it makes the car look more aggressive, and makes the rear end of the car look even wider.

Good luck with your spacer project - I'm sure you'll find a solution to get it looking just the way you want it to look.
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2017, 06:45 PM
sixfiveoh
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Old posts are like old emails and texts... they never go away!

That C4S is definitely not something I'd like (wouldn't even be drivable in the mountains where I live), but I do firmly believe that the owner of a car should modify it however he or she pleases! I agree that it's hard to tell how much offset will really be sufficient with a ruler. I ran OE 17mm spacers on the back of my 996 C4S with my winter wheels, but they were still inside the fenders quite a bit.

I've been more open to increased offset as the years go on, but I am still pretty conservative in that regard. I bought new summer wheels for my 991 a few months ago, and I had them custom made for my vehicle. I trusted the manufacturer when it came to rear wheel offset (he assured me that it wouldn't be too aggressive). When they were first mounted on the car, I thought it was WAY too much offset. Now that I've gotten used to it, I really like it. I can definitely see how it makes the car look more aggressive, and makes the rear end of the car look even wider.

Good luck with your spacer project - I'm sure you'll find a solution to get it looking just the way you want it to look.
Wow. Gorgeous car, and I agree - I think your setup looks perfectly aggressive.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:37 PM
sixfiveoh
Instructor

Getting around to this again, about to purchase these: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Porsc...sche-18mm.html

Anybody have any experience with running 18x11 ET18 in the rear of a C4S?
Old 03-17-2018, 12:35 AM
Gbug
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sixfiveoh
Getting around to this again, about to purchase these: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Porsc...sche-18mm.html

Anybody have any experience with running 18x11 ET18 in the rear of a C4S?
The general consensus with spacers on a C4S/996TT is 7mm front/ 15mm, assuming factory offsets.
Here is mine with 15mm rears and 10mm fronts, which I plan to reduce to 7mm...sorry for giant photos

Old 03-17-2018, 01:23 AM
AdaptecSpeedware
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most common we sell is 7/18mm kit. Some guys go 5/15mm and there are guys that run 10/20mm but it does depend on tire size/brand as well.
Old 02-08-2022, 11:08 PM
kgtace
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Zombie revival! Doing my own research journey on wheel spacers for my new to me 2004 C4S. @Gbug why did you plan to reduce the front 10mm spacers to 7mm? They look pretty nice and flush as is....
Old 02-08-2022, 11:22 PM
sixfiveoh
Instructor

Originally Posted by kgtace
Zombie revival! Doing my own research journey on wheel spacers for my new to me 2004 C4S. @Gbug why did you plan to reduce the front 10mm spacers to 7mm? They look pretty nice and flush as is....
I ended up going with 10mm front, 18mm rear on some twists I picked up. Perfect fit IMO, wouldn't go down to 7mm. My offsets were wrong on the wheels I posted in the original post, which lead to some confusion, they were probably intended for a NB car.

Old 02-09-2022, 12:05 AM
kgtace
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

Looking very nice! Yes, I think 10mm is the lowest I'd go for stock front Turbo Twists. I've also heard a few people mention 15mm all around for stock Twists (for wide body 996s).

Think you're right re: the Victors. According to their site, Badens came in ET36 or 55 for 18 x 11 wheels. Guess you must have had the ET55?

I bought a set of SportDesigns off CL for winter use (front: 18 x 7.5, ET50, rear 18 x 10, ET65). The rears look terrible. I'm going big. Going to try 35mm (!) DRA-style spacers from H&R for the rears. If I understand offset, that should bring the ET down to what the stock Twists would be with 15mm spacers (ET65 - 35mm spacer = ET30). Stock Twists ET45 - 15mm spacer = ET30.

Will update with post-install pics......or of the crash scene after wheels come off.

SportDesign with winters....super sucked in

Stock rear Turbo Look Twists with no spacer
Old 02-09-2022, 01:43 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by sixfiveoh
I ended up going with 10mm front, 18mm rear on some twists I picked up. Perfect fit IMO, wouldn't go down to 7mm. My offsets were wrong on the wheels I posted in the original post, which lead to some confusion, they were probably intended for a NB car.
I was super confused by the first post because there is no way that's how an 18x11 et36 fits on a widebody car. Glad to see I'm not crazy.

These are 19x11 et42 with a 295/35 for anyone looking at this thread in the future. Oh and they're for sale too.

Quick Reply: C4S Offset/Spacers Question