"04 996 CD Changer replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 05:32 PM
lezama
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "04 996 CD Changer replacement

Hi Folks,
I have a 996 Turbo that needs a replacement CD Changer (in the trunk). Here are my questions:
Does anyone know if I can change the CD changer just by itself, without doing the whole system?
The Changer has a damaged harness so that would have to be replaced too.
Has anyone replaced the whole thing, Stereo, CD changer, and Navigation with an after market unit?
Any info on this will be welcomed.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:19 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by lezama
Hi Folks,
I have a 996 Turbo that needs a replacement CD Changer (in the trunk). Here are my questions:
Does anyone know if I can change the CD changer just by itself, without doing the whole system?
The Changer has a damaged harness so that would have to be replaced too.
Has anyone replaced the whole thing, Stereo, CD changer, and Navigation with an after market unit?
Any info on this will be welcomed.
Thanks in advance.
​​​​​​
Yes you can swap out the CD changer without changing the entire system provided that the CD changer you put in is the same as the one you take out. Assuming it's a CDC-4 as it's an 04' it will be a MOST unit.

You can replace the entire system and you can now also mix and match components but each option will require various bits of hardware. I. E. If you'd like to replace your head unit but keep your amp you'll need an analogue to MOST unit.

Alternatively you can replace your CDC with a dension gateway 500 which pretends to be a CDC and allows you to use AUX. If you have a PCM2 then you can use the newer dension gateway 500BT which has Bluetooth built into it as well as AUX.

​​​​​
​​​​​

Quick Reply: "04 996 CD Changer replacement