Sponsored by:

Cabriolet top drops too fast

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 01:35 PM
snoopybee
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabriolet top drops too fast

Hi all, my cabrio top seems dropping too fast once it gone past the service position. I searched the forum, managed to fill up the hydraulic fluid hoping it will solve the problem. The top opens smoother but still drops too quick. Have anyone experienced this and what may be the problem?

Old 08-19-2017, 07:27 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

you have air in the system. have to search around on how to bleed. Cycle it a few times?? Then check level for fill.

This is what I found. Not sure if it is right for your year since it seems to be a secret.

If it was mine I would put a battery charger on it or keep it running and cycle it while helping it by hand. If you let it bounce like that you risk breaking the top frame.

Bleeding the hydraulic system

CAUTION: Damage to the convertible-top frame it not running synchronously.

Bleed the hydraulic system only after the hydraulic cylinders have been removed from the convertible-top sup- ports and drive levers on the left and right.

The system has a self-bleeding feature. Three to four operations will bleed the system. After bleeding, check the oil level in the container on the hydraulic pump and check if necessary.

To bleed, the hydraulic valve must be closed. Refer to "Access for opening and closing the hydraulic valve up to model year 2000" and "Access for opening and closing the hydraulic valve as of model year 2001".

Quick Reply: Cabriolet top drops too fast