Sponsored by:

re pss9's and stock rear bar

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 03:22 AM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default re pss9's and stock rear bar

I have put the pss9's in and was about to put the stock bar on, and following the advice of putting the pearches as low as possible for the swaybar, the bar won't mount up correctly. I am almost positive because this is not possible with the stock bar? The stock bar goes on top of the rear lower link and not below as the ruf one is pictured with the mounts all the way down on the collars. I appears the ruf is designed to be this way or am I missing something? I am going to put the mounts back up to mimick the measurement from the old ones so no binding issues will occur. Pretty lame.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Sean, there've been lots of 993 owners who have used the pss-9's with the stock sway bar mount and the stock bar. Do a search there and you'll find the exact measurements of where to put the sway bar mount.

You may find that you may have to R/R the shock a few times to get just the right height. I think I remember those guys saying that there was anywhere from 1mm to 10mm of clearance at full droop when done correctly. It's a pretty small margin of error, but people have done it. Specifically, seach for posts by BradB.

I'm not familiar with how the RUF sway bar mounts look. ARe they the same as the bilstein ones? Post a pic if you have one handy.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:39 PM
SPR
Drifting

Yeah I know that at the ride height I want the car at it will not work period. It really sucks because I could have not messed with them at all and had them perfect. Whatever I finished the car off completely today. It is going out to the body shop in a couple of days. I am going to use the adjustable 22mm gt2 bar for the rear which should mimic the ruf and mount up fine that way. If not I get to pop out the lower mounts and sping them up and mimic the stock sh*t again what a pain! I am beat and tired of working on cars!

Quick Reply: re pss9's and stock rear bar