Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 06:02 AM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats. The tt is mighty fast even without a chip. Although you will get used to it faster than you would like and then the slippery slope begins...
Enjoy.

BTW we need some pics of your new ride.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:50 AM
wht993cabrio
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you find your car? Broker, classified, dealer?
Old 11-14-2003, 10:17 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Congrats on the new acquisition.. Sounds like a nice color combination. When you stop driving it for 5 minutes in week or so, post some pictures...
Old 11-14-2003, 01:43 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,635 Likes on 2,318 Posts

when you stop driving and smiling, call up viper bob and get some pss9 or motons on the car. then you will be really driving!
Old 11-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to viperbob's place can be costly.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:09 AM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally posted by frisbee54
... has anyone heard or delt with Stuttgart Southwest in Scottsdale? the owner of the car suggested them for the PPI if I can't get Scottsdale Porsche to do the PPI on Mon.
Frisbee54 - I know this is late, but if it makes you feel any better I've used them for my past 3 Porsches as my principal Mechanic. Those guys are honest and I trust them. I would have offered to drive it to you myself had I known.

Originally posted by Pete K
I agree on the drive home, a freind of mine and I had a great time driving up the coast. Highway 1 with a Porsche... does it get any better?
I had always imagined driving the PCH with my wife in a 993 Cab - before I had either - and finally did that the day after I bought it. Outside of that, I'd take a TT anyday.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:07 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Frisbee54: Congratulations and welcome to the club. When you say it is easy to break them loose, if you are talking about standing starts, might I suggest that you resist that temptation. It is very stressful on the transmission due to the AWD and large footprint, and you will probably bend your first gear.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:49 PM
frisbee54
Racer

Thanks everyone for your input, I need to get tires as mine are worn and are noisy and vibrate, any suggestions for a nice tire thats low on road noise but has decent performance on the street? car hasn't been chipped I spoke to previous owner, it has stock shocks and the springs are red any ideas what these are, also will the newer turbo wheels that are 1' wider in the rear fit without any clearence problems and if so could I go up to say a 295 rear tire, when I said it breaks them loose I meant from a roll with clutch fully released I know these things don't like to have the clutch dumped Doug
Old 11-19-2003, 11:50 PM
frisbee54
Racer

Thanks everyone for your input, I need to get tires as mine are worn and are noisy and vibrate, any suggestions for a nice tire thats low on road noise but has decent performance on the street? car hasn't been chipped I spoke to previous owner, it has stock shocks and the springs are red any ideas what these are, also will the newer turbo wheels that are 1' wider in the rear fit without any clearence problems and if so could I go up to say a 295 rear tire, when I said it breaks them loose I meant from a roll with clutch fully released I know these things don't like to have the clutch dumped Doug
Old 11-19-2003, 11:50 PM
frisbee54
Racer

Old 11-20-2003, 02:09 AM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff 993TT
Going to viperbob's place can be costly
You bet. Two weeks ago, I went over just to say hi to the guys and ended up going for the whole PSS-9 setup. Getting it installed this Sat.

Quick Reply: TT purchase