Stock TT Mufflers....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 09:54 AM
sezme
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock TT Mufflers....

I currently have Robin's RSR's - but am considering talking them off to go back to stock.. Anyone out there have a set of nice Stock take offs (low mileage) for sale?

Thanks...
Old 10-14-2003, 11:52 AM
SLVR
Pro

Funny, we're in the same boat. I bought a TT that has RSRs and rides way too low (drove it home for 1700 miles, my mind is made up). I am going to install ROW springs with some type of height adjustable shock. BTW, I had no luck trying to get a used set of springs on the board. The Ebay auctions mostly seem scams and the ones that appear on this board go like hot cakes.

BUT, the RSRs are staying, the oringinal sound is no match for the stock ones. Not trying to influence your decision, but you're one of few who wants them off. I am sure there must be takers here on this forum.

Good luck.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:16 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Actually, I have a set of stockers that came off the car at 16,000 according to the previous owner. I'll sell em. email me at scottmellor@karenschiltz.com and we'll figure out a deal.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:33 PM
sezme
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE Robin's muffs.... My car is an "unusual" 3000 mile car (Paint to sample - Signal Yellow) that I am going to Concours this coming season - so it has to be stock. After one season of concours, the stockers come off and the RSR's go back on!
Old 10-14-2003, 03:42 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Stu, I just dug them out and they look like your average grubby stock mufflers. No obvious scratches or gouges, but they look like the underside of a Porsche . Too bad you are so far away. I don't have a digital camera or I'd pop off a few to you. I know nothing about the concourse world, so I can't give you an informd opinion as to their suitability for your needs.

Quick Reply: Stock TT Mufflers....