Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone dealt w/ Willhoit Enterprises?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 04:14 AM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone dealt w/ Willhoit Enterprises?

This place has a blk/blk 97 TT for sale.

http://www.willhoitenterprises.com/homepage.htm

They are located in Missouri. If you look closely at the pictures, you can see that the background is actually Premier Sports Car company. Seems kinda strange to be posting pics of a car in front of another shop. Just wanted to hear if any rennlisters have pos/neg opinions of ths shop.

As it may or may not seem obvious based on some of my past postings, I am in deep "need" of finding the "one"(97 blk/blk TT).

Thanks all.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:19 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost bought a '95 928 GTS from them. I was just a fraction slow on the trigger, and someone else bought it. The owner is very nice, knowledgable, and seemingly honest. He told me where the car had been inspected, faxed me the invoice for some minor repairs, and told me to call the servicing dealer, which I did. He would have held it for me to fly out, or taken it to another place for a further inspection. Oh well, I really did not want one of only 25 manual trasmissioned cars brought into the country on the final year of production anyway. Or did I?

That is about all I can say about my experience as I was not able to get the car. However, You are correct about Premier. Seems all of these guys in KC are / were involved with Premier in on way or another.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:11 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Forgive the intrusion guys, but was lurking due to the 928 list being a little slow today as well as a 993 or 993 TT might be in my future.....hmmmmm.

Willhoit is one of those guys that buys really low and sells really high. Now there's nothing wrong with that except that he buys a lot of cars off of Ebay and the very next day he will be selling it for $10, $20, or $30K more then what he bought it for.......even uses the same pictures that were posted on Ebay by the original seller. I know, he was one of the bidders on my present car......a low mileage 928 GT. Snagged it from under him as I dealt with the owner direct. Nothing wrong with him or the cars he buys, they are often nice examples........but usually can be bought for a lot less then what you will pay to him for it......with a little more diligent looking.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:48 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Go to Premier site go to Willhoit site look at the cars .... say the red C2S or the silver C2S odd that they have the exact same cars down to the VIN, but then again Willhoit has it listed for $2k cheaper...they might share a building but I am inclined to think that it is more than that, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:09 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Wilhoit and Premier are the same beast and the same car without it ever changing hands. I think both use eBay as an advertising medium and often for the same vehicle. In either case, research Premier and look at the cars they sell. No matter your circumstances, I recommend you buy a one- or two-owner car directly from the present owner.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:40 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to Willhoit and he said that he has been in business with Premier for a number of years. In fact, if you see a car on either of their sites, you can buy the car thru the other dealer(not sure why you'd want to), but from a business point of view its pretty transparent with that regard.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:35 PM
KeithR3
Pro

They bought a buddy mines car. It is the Red C2S w/16XXX miles. They bought it from him for 49K. They are asking...62K.

1998 G. Red C2S, 16K miles with options:

1. 18's
2. Sports Seats

Quick Reply: Has anyone dealt w/ Willhoit Enterprises?