Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remapped ECU + Electron Boost Control

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003 | 01:10 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Mike, you've been quite succinct compared to others on the hunt for "the one" (look at some of my War and Peace epics monologues as I hunted the big game...)

Anyway, you've made the right decision. It's a buyer's market. This one has some fleas and some question marks -- better to learn from this encounter and move on.

I didn't learn exactly what the car was -- do you have a link to a Web site? Where did you find it? A '96 or '97? The colour, the options, the price, the owners history, the service history, the documentation? What came out in the PPI? What did Autothority have to say? What else did you notice or think about?

Every car I took to PPI taught me about the 993 Turbo. What did you learn here? Have you refined or changed your criteria? What are you looking for now (model year, mileage, colours, options, preferences, dislikes?)

Cheers,

Adam

ps. I agree Steve W is a great help and he's been equally generous with his time when I had suspension questions ... now I just need to find the money to execute on the plan ... maybe we need a Rennlist pyramid scheme where everyone puts in $100 and gets back $3 every month for about six months and feels great because they're making almost 36% on their money, then the system collapses and I make off to Europe with the cash to buy a 993 Turbo and tweak the engine and suspension ...
Old 09-21-2003 | 05:55 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Paul. Could you supply Sloan's web site address and phone #. Prehaps he can help in my search. Mike
Old 09-21-2003 | 06:07 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Adam, The car I was looking at was a97 with 31k miles. It was glacier white (while not a favorite of many it is a rare color I lust over) whith grey interior, The car also had sport seats, aluminum dials, shifter etc. It was exactly what I was looking for. After talking to Steve Weiner I decided not to spend the $1000 or so needed to do the PPI properly on this car. I addition Steve felt the ECU would have to be reprogramed (at a cost over $2000). Although I really wanted this car, it doesn't make fiscal sense to continue. While I really want a white car (preferedly glacier) I will look at other colors. Since I sold my 993 I am without a car (the 993 was my daily driver) I need to find another soon. Mike W
Old 09-21-2003 | 11:39 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mike-Richard is at
www.sloancars.com
he has a white one there but I thought it
was sold however it stays on his for sale page.
his phone # is on the web site I dont know it by
heart.
Old 09-21-2003 | 11:50 AM
noony
Racer

There is a person on here who claims to have the only diamond blue 88 clubsport, yet there is one for sale on sloan, also apparently the only one? Or is it the same car? It only has 200 miles on it. $100k!
Old 09-21-2003 | 11:59 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Noon,
Richard does not come here so I doubt its the
same car. He has some rare ones and
I have seen that other person online but
I dont know who it is.
Old 09-21-2003 | 12:01 PM
noony
Racer