Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed?....for Ruf wheel color

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015 | 02:20 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Default Opinions needed?....for Ruf wheel color

Hello gentlemen....could you chime in and give me your wheel color preference?

For the record I prefer just plain OEM silver and so do a lot of us but I think I'm getting old....so I'm trying not to be ignorant of the new accepted darker wheel colors these days.

For my 993 TT I have Ruf 19" replicas (shown in this pic) just painted with Plastidip.... but I have since acquired authentic Ruf 19" which happen to need a refinish
so I was thinking of having them painted dark; it would be similar to this pic but I'd go after a little more shine almost like a black chrome....but not that far of course.

thoughts/preferences? ......something I'm perhaps not thinking of?

Thanks

Joe
Old 06-21-2015 | 01:40 AM
Knight
Drifting

Personally I think you should stick with factory RUF silver, although I heard to actually get it done to proper RUF specs it requires many coats, I could be wrong but I think at least 5.

One of the cosmetic preferences for darker color wheels is to add contrast, however applying it against a somewhat darker color car would defeat that purpose, all subjective of course. Therefore the silver wheels provide a perfect contrast to Arena Red IMO.
Old 06-21-2015 | 02:54 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Thanks....good point....I'll stay with OEM silver...just needed a nudge
Old 06-22-2015 | 02:18 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

I've had a couple sets of Ruf wheels painted the original hyper silver. I buy the paint directly from Ruf in Germany. The wheels have to be painted black first and then the silver. The hyper silver paint from Ruf is very, very thin (runs easily) so you'll need to find a painter that has the proper nozzle for their sprayer. Good luck

Quick Reply: Opinions needed?....for Ruf wheel color