Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 02:08 PM
BABaracus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,
Thanks for the feedback.

Bobby, I sent you a pm about your car for sale - let me know what you think.

Midwest, the White 97 TT at ParkPlace looks to be a nice vehicle, the interior (white) is in very good condition for this color.

MikeW - Anthony, (acastell on Rennlist) is selling a nice sounding Black on Tan for the mid 60's, he has some nice upgrades on the car. I myself would be interested except I would really like a black interior.
Let me know if you would like me to take a closer look at the ParkPlace car for you, I can spin down there and take alook.
ParkPlace typically charges top dollar for their vehicles, the deal fell through on the Whte 993 TT, so they may be more open to offers.

Maybe I am crap at negotiating, but the lowest the dealer was willing to go on the MapleWoodsImports Black on Black was 76 K...I would love some lessons on how to beat down the price - maybe I need practice

Regards

- james
Old 08-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

James, thanks for the info on the white TT. The car looks great(I really like the interior) but the car has more miles (52k) than I would like. They have awhite car with 2000 miles but they are asking $85k. I have talked to Anthony who has the black 97 with 40000 miles. I have seen the picture and it looks like a nice car. But again it has a bit more milage than I would like. That said, he is a good guy and I would bet his car is a nice one. When I talked to the dealer in Minn. I was told they were asking $75k and they would take an offer. The car was on ebay and the high bid was around $60K I believe. It appears to me that $75k even for a nice car is not an easy number to get these days. Most of the cars I have been watching over the past 6 weeks are still for sale at this price. Make them an offer you can live with and even if they don't take it now, they may as it starts to get cold in Minnasota. Mike W
Old 08-26-2003, 04:16 PM
Rick in Portland
Addict
Rennlist Member

Park Place LTD in Bellevue is a used car dealership, and always tries to get top dollar. I tried to negotiate with them before with no luck. They are just down the hill from Micro$oft and are used to guys walking in and opening their checkbook.

Good Luck!

Rick
www.993TT.com
Old 08-26-2003, 04:50 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Mike - you may want to be a bit more flexible on mileage. I have seen 40K cars that look and drive like new and 20K cars that look and drive like 80K cars. Mileage is far less important, IMO, than condition. My car has close to 40K on it (37,XXX) and it is like new.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:53 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Zcat, You are correct. But I do care about resale somewhere down the line. Used turbo's of any year with reasonable milage hold their value quite well. While I agree condition and how are car is maintained is important, wouldn't it be nice to have a car that's well cared for and low milage. thanks to all for your imputs- Mike W
Old 08-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just to add to your point. My 993 which I am selling (cheap plug) has 77000 miles, runs and looks great. But it's value is reduced because of the milage. Mike W
Old 08-26-2003, 09:12 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

You know I think if you all are just patient you should be able to
find what you want at a good price. The dealers though I believe
are smoking some good stuff. I saw one TT for 100K with like
17K miles and its not an S. there are 2 or 3 at 95K! what are
these guys thinking!!?? Its easy right now to find a 96 for
less than 65K. 97's are abit more but wait prices are dropping
OG