Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No idle after weeping P/S hose replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 01:46 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm tellin ya, just go to the auto parts store with the hose. Get as close to diameter and shape as you can. The heater/radiator hoses they have are way thicker/stronger since they're designed for high pressure/heat. New clamps and you're set. It was maybe 30-40 bucks for all 3 hoses. The smallest Porsche (thinner) hose is I think 50 bucks for one. You may even be able to match the pics to the hoses you need.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Johnny_law
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Overboosted,

You are a godsend. You are giving back!

The car is purring like a kitten. I am a purist with this machine so I will spring for stock parts. But if I get a "driver". I will definitely be taking your advise.

Thanks all, I love learning about this car.

Johnny
Old 10-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

so its fixed?
Old 10-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Johnny_law
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
so its fixed?
Yep, I was able to get the hose and clamp tight with the original hose but I need to replace the small hoses as the end of the #32 (in the PET) is beginning to get soft and disintegrating. I will do it this winter when all the rain is coming down here in the Pacific Northwest.

I do suspect that the Load Detection CEL (P1140) was caused by the loose hose. I find it interesting that the car ran fine getting it home and idled fine. But when restarting it after replacing the P/S hose it just wouldn't idle. There is no way I had anything to do with that hose while replacing the the P/S hose. (I am very glad it kept on running and didn't leave me stranded) I did here the sucking sound while driving home on the freeway even though I never tried to get boost, That sound is gone.

Had a great drive yesterday. With lots of smiles and an appreciation for Rennlist.

Johnny
Old 10-08-2014, 03:10 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I struggled for some time to figure out an intermittent "miss" or stutter at about 5k. Eventually found that gap was too large on plugs and boost pressures were basically extinguishing the spark prior to full combustion. Once that was solved I started to lose each hose, one by one. Had bottom of ISV hose blow off going up the hill from turn 5 at MRLS. Total power loss, barely able to get up over corkscrew. Not fun. When I (finally) got off of the track and found both intercooler hoses entact, my heart sunk. Pulled intercooler and started "feeling around down there". Got it reconnected and it blew off on next session. There may be a thin film of oil on most connections. Make sure ya get it all off before you mount new hoses/clamps. Glad it's solved and you didn't have to have it towed. It's gut wrenching to not know what's wrong. I surely can't afford to have someone fix my car. Wish I could, but then I have "trust issues" :-)
Aloha

P.S. You did order all 3 of those hoses, right? If not you'll get one weak link solved, and the next one will remind you.

Quick Reply: No idle after weeping P/S hose replacement