993 Sport Seats For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 993 Sport Seats For Sale

Hi Guys,

It's that time...I pulled the sport seats out of my 993 and think it's time to move them on to a new owner.

Condition:
The seats are in what I consider very good condition - probably a 7 out of 10.

The Bad: I've tried to take as many pictures as I can to highlight any blemishes in the leather. There are a few marks and some scuffs, but not very many. The seats are heated however, the heat works sporadically - perhaps a loose connection - I'm not entirely sure. The motors that control the seats height on the drivers side seem to only go down, not up - again, probably an easy fix, but I'm not positive. The back adjustment levers (especially on the passenger side) are slightly bent (from when they were shipped to me). I have taken photos to illustrate this. In addition, the seat inserts are secured from the factory with velcro and the velcro is wearing which causes the inserts to come loose sometimes, but can be easily fixed.

The Good: The seats have about 25,000 miles on them. They have never been refinished and the seat backs are in excellent condition. The leather clips along the back are still tight and there is no sign of lifting (common on these seats). While in my custody, they have rarely seen the sun (the car is a cab) and do not have any visible fading.

It seems as if the market dictates that these seats in perfect condition (10 on a scale of 1-10) are being sold for $7k+. I don't think I've seen them sell for less than $4k in poor condition (lifted seat clips, major wear/scuffs, etc). So, I think a price that is 30% below perfect condition is what these should sell for and therefore, I'd like to extend a little less than that for Rennlist.

I think $4,850 is a reasonable asking price for these seats.

I am not a professional reseller, just a guy who has some seats that he'd like to see go to a fellow Rennlister. I've bought and sold items on Rennlist for years and have been a member for many years. I would encourage you to ask as many questions as you like prior to buying - I am located in Burbank, CA and the seats are in my office - anyone is welcome to stop by and inspect them prior to purchase. I hate to say it, but I really don't want to ship them - if you are not in So. Cal and you really want them, please arrange shipping and I will drop them off to a shipping company within a reasonable distance.

Please click on the following link for more photos in my album:

https://rennlist.com/g/album/1985090

Please email me any questions at DLShed@aol.com for a prompt response.

Thank you for looking!

Damien
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys. Seats are gone to a fellow Rennlister. Thanks so much for looking!

Damien
Old 09-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Boober
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, that was quick! Congrats :-)
Old 09-20-2014, 10:08 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

Now mere seats (sport of course) are taking record sums!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:07 AM
993 770
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PiB993
Now mere seats (sport of course) are taking record sums!
Supply and demand at its finest. This set was fairly priced. I picked up mine in a little better condition a few months back for about the same price. As long as they aren't too overpriced they will sell, and fast!

Quick Reply: 993 Sport Seats For Sale