Sponsored by:

Electric engine blower issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 12:29 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Electric engine blower issue

Since I did a major service in my 993tt and now all is good except the engine blower unit not kicking when I stop using the car like it used to do in the past, I'm clueless what to look at.

I searched for this information but never found a thread that talk about my particular issue. My car, before doing this major service, you could notice that the electric blower will turn ON-OFF when you shut off the engine/locked the car to help cool down the engine as was designed. I twill do it for about 15 mins this ON-OFF cycle or less depending how hot the engine/system was after running it.

When I connect my durametric tool, I can activate the blower and it does work in fact. However, now it won't work in automatic mode when the car is stopped & locked. The temp sensor is plugged in the elbow plastic tube, the resistor is as well plugged there. The vacuum selenoid of the flapper is connected as well. Now, something I didn't try yet as I type, and as I read somehwere that is known to happen, is switch the connectors from the temp sensor and the vacuum selenoid by mistake since they are identical shape, could be this the issue perhaps? Doe sit make sense for not working in automatic mode?

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

When mine was not working, I found a blown fuse in the fuse box located in the engine compartment on the drivers side (left). I don't recall if I had removed the IC to get to it. Good luck.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:45 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradford
When mine was not working, I found a blown fuse in the fuse box located in the engine compartment on the drivers side (left). I don't recall if I had removed the IC to get to it. Good luck.
I will check on that, however a blown fuse should not let the blower start at all?

Quick Reply: Electric engine blower issue