Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 TT at Sloan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 01:35 PM
FriedEgg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I gather...you can count on no less than 30%-40% added to fair market in any car that he advertises. There's no "good deal" to be had. He knows the car better than you, and he knows that market better than you.
You're best served in buying an ultra rare model, no-stories, minty, super low mileage car that you're also prepared to overpay when dealing with Sloan. For a car like this, I would proceed very carefully.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:19 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Basically you need to buy this car as a salvage title car. IF the car was perfect.... It's about $100k. Salvage history - 40% puts it at $60k. At that point, you have a 993 TT driver that you can enjoy....assuming it doesn't break in half when you are driving it
Old 05-23-2014, 03:21 PM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by FriedEgg
From what I gather...you can count on no less than 30%-40% added to fair market in any car that he advertises. There's no "good deal" to be had. He knows the car better than you, and he knows that market better than you.
You're best served in buying an ultra rare model, no-stories, minty, super low mileage car that you're also prepared to overpay when dealing with Sloan. For a car like this, I would proceed very carefully.
What he said. Exactly right.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:53 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FriedEgg
If what you are saying is that he adds 30 to 40 % to the price that he pays for cars you are just plain wrong. In the first place most of his cars are taken in on consignment, and the majority of that 30-40% goes to the owners. He is picky about the cars he markets and if you talk to anyone who has actualy been there, they will tell you same thing. He charges a fair price for marketing, sales, but 30-40% not.

He has always been known for his prices, but he is equaly known for the quality of his inventory.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:00 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Doesn't matter. He doesn't answer the phone, return calls or reply to emails. So I'm over it. In the end he is a used car dealer and I do not chase them.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:25 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

The Blk/Blk one in classifieds looks to be a nice car. Wish it was not tuned though but opinions vary as that was one of my primary criterias when I looked for my 3TT.

Quick Reply: 993 TT at Sloan?