Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Seth W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area Body Shop

Hi,

I'm posting over here b/c my lurking leads me to believe that you folks have very high standards for your cars and take care of them on a level that is a bit higher than most.

That said, my car is in quite nice condition and I'm looking for a Bay Area shop to do a simple job: paint a rear GTS wing and 993 Aero Mirrors for my car. I had a well known local San Jose shop do the work and it was a complete disaster from start to finish. I gave them three tries and still its shoddy. It needs to be done over.

If you have personal experience with a shop that has done work on a porsche of YOURS (not a friends) then I would really appreciate a reference. I'm of the opinion that you tend to look a good deal harder at the work on your car rather than that on your friend's car. I don't want a bargain--there is no such thing with body shops IMO.

TIA

Seth
Old 07-25-2003, 02:01 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I am just picking up my car today from BodyStyles. I too posted for recommendations, and most were positive here. There was one 928 person that did have a very bad experience there. He recommended
Olen's Body Shop, 1833 Castenada Drive, Burlingame, CA (650)692-6772

After I get my car back today (which is when they committed to having it back so that is the first good sign) I will post the results.

Good luck
Old 07-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Seth W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Viperbob:

I AM that 928 guy with the very bad experience. I hope your experience is MUCH better than mine. Bodystyles came highly recommended. When I showed the work performed on my parts to 2 different "porsche" guys who are in the business, they were both appalled.

Seth
Old 07-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Seth W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well I can't edit my message. I should say to be clear, I had a bad experience, but I am NOT the guy who recommended the other shop--never heard of it.

I can't believe that there were two of us with 928's with similar experiences.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:31 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Seth,

No there was a MUCH stronger recommendation for not going there. There seem to be very few shops around here with recommendations from people.

I did have some work done on my BMW 850 at Magnussen Auto Body in Dublin / Pleasanton area after I was rear ended by a Honda. They did a really nice job on my black car. I have seen a number of Porsche's there in the past. I had them paint my Turbos S brake ducts, and then cam out nice. So where else do people get their cars painted around here???

Quick Reply: Bay Area Body Shop