Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 TT Insurance cost?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:53 PM
DoninDen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Allstate $1,550/year $500 deductible, no agreed upon value with roadside. I have to pay full deductible on windshields, does anyone have windshields included in their policy with zero deductible? It frosted me because I just replaced a windshield in my SUV.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IamSMC
NYC, Geico, full coverage, 300k/300k, $1000 dec, $1400/yr

This is not a limited mileage, "agreed value" policy.
Originally Posted by DoninDen
Allstate $1,550/year $500 deductible, no agreed upon value with roadside. I have to pay full deductible on windshields, does anyone have windshields included in their policy with zero deductible? It frosted me because I just replaced a windshield in my SUV.
Hey DD

My coverage included full glass, zero deductible

Never had to use it on my Porsche

But on my old Range Rover Classic with heated glass (you can actually see the heater wires imbedded)...cost Geico $2500 just for the glass

And on my e66 BMW...cost Geico $2300

Needless to say, well worth it when needed

But the added premium is minimal
Old 11-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 176 Posts

I am surprised at the low deductibles some are sharing. Given a basic service can run you $1K in unexpected mechanical repairs, paying the premiums for a $500 deductible seems counterproductive, as you can afford $1k out of pocket in the unlikely event of a claim. For me the payback was under 7 years w/o a claim (savings vs out of pocket). If you make multiple claims, I suspect one is better off w/ lower, but over 15+ years of no claims, I have long ago save the funds for the higher deductible route.

I always looked at insurance for catastrophic loss, not to cover minimal out of pocket expenses. YMMV.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:50 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
I am surprised at the low deductibles some are sharing. Given a basic service can run you $1K in unexpected mechanical repairs, paying the premiums for a $500 deductible seems counterproductive, as you can afford $1k out of pocket in the unlikely event of a claim. For me the payback was under 7 years w/o a claim (savings vs out of pocket). If you make multiple claims, I suspect one is better off w/ lower, but over 15+ years of no claims, I have long ago save the funds for the higher deductible route.

I always looked at insurance for catastrophic loss, not to cover minimal out of pocket expenses. YMMV.

Depends on what insurance companies are offering

Geico's highest deductible available is $2500, $1000 if you choose full glass

Guess everyone has to decide for themselves what deductible they're comfortable with and how much they want to save on the long run

Asides from the slight lower premium for the higher deductible, I figure an damages under $1000 is "affordable", and any damages over $1000, I don't want the car anymore

Or one can drop comprehensive & collision altogether and "save" even more money...

Last edited by IamSMC; 11-09-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

$550/yr with State Farm. 1k deductibles. Fair market value policy. 7,500 miles/yr rate. I've been with them a long time and get all the discounts available which makes a difference.

Quick Reply: 993 TT Insurance cost?