Sponsored by:

GT2 splitter for turbo nose?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 183 Posts
Default GT2 splitter for turbo nose?

forgive me for the cross post...I've found new available from FVD and Design 911 UK, one piece fiberglass units...slightly different from standard nose GT2 splitters. That being said, looking for any additional info, suggestions, maybe someone has one sitting around even?

I want to keep my euro turbo nose, cause here in NY you need a nice place to stuff a front plate.

thanks all
Old 11-01-2013, 08:37 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

There is no time like the present: full GT2 body transformation is in order.

Andreas
Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435

Andreas
What he said ^^^^
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AOW162435

Andreas
Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
What he said ^^^^
I'll pm my bank account number, routing number, etc to both of you fine folks. Looking forward to your individual contribution's to this worthy project. Still trying to find that elusive corporate sponsor to really make the transformation correct.

for now...just a poor mans GT2 conversion;
replica wheels-check
replica GT2 tail-check
replica GT2 splitter-wanted
Old 11-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
forgive me for the cross post...I've found new available from FVD and Design 911 UK, one piece fiberglass units...slightly different from standard nose GT2 splitters. That being said, looking for any additional info, suggestions, maybe someone has one sitting around even?

I want to keep my euro turbo nose, cause here in NY you need a nice place to stuff a front plate.

thanks all
I have one that's been sitting in my garage for a while but I do plan on using it. I also have extra front bumpers for this. Many holes are required to be drilled into the bumper for the attachment. I always leave my original bumper as is in case I don't like the look with the splitter and want to go back to stock.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bradford
I have one that's been sitting in my garage for a while but I do plan on using it. I also have extra front bumpers for this. Many holes are required to be drilled into the bumper for the attachment. I always leave my original bumper as is in case I don't like the look with the splitter and want to go back to stock.
the FVD unit? I trust the quality is good. I talked to them today, and they told me that it mounted using all the factory mounting points...no additional holes required...did they lie?

Any pics of it?

thanks
Old 11-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

I have this splitter.

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...C4S_Turbo.html

I also bought from FVD a carbon fiber lip that attaches to the front of the splitter. I can't find it on their site, maybe they don't sell it anymore. Will get some pics this weekend.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:08 PM
djdawson2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man... I'd love that FVD option for the nose, but I can't go with fiberglass... just seems inevitable that something will tear it up.

As a side note, the FVD stuff is in fact very nice. I just received my GT2 flares and hardware from them - very nicely finished and the body guy was very happy to see their overall quality and fit. However, at $2400 for the 4 of them and the mounting hardware to my door, not a very economical choice.

So, I'm looking for an OE front bumper cover to work with as well. If anyone has ideas on where I can get one - not the dealer - please advise.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

I have this splitter.

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...C4S_Turbo.html

I also bought from FVD a carbon fiber lip that attaches to the front of the splitter. I can't find it on their site, maybe they don't sell it anymore. Will get some pics this weekend.
yup...that's the splitter, looks just like that from Design 911 UK also-don't know who their supplier is. Strange that FVD didn't continue the lip across the front, like the oem standard nose version. That carbon piece you have is still available...something like $1200 IIRC. Fills that indented center section nicely, but attach's real funky, with visable tabs....unless your car is black.

The FVD website is real tough to navigate thru, IMHO.

Well, I got a replica wing (GT Racing)already mounted to an oem decklid for stupid cheap...it's costing more to ship it to me than I paid for it. Should be reasonable cost to patch the holes from the uprights that were once on it, and repaint in Arctic Silver. It's getting close to time to put the car away for the winter, so I have time to keep looking.

Gotta still get center caps(and get em painted to match), plus rubber for the incoming Tramont Cup's. I'll think positive thoughts, and hope a used splitter shakes loose somewhere.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Here is the splitter. As you can see, there is hardware to mount the splitter to the bumper all the way around the top front of the splitter. The threaded inserts are fiberglassed into the splitter and the bolts go in through the back of the bumper. So at least on the splitter I have, holes have to be drilled into the bumper.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:18 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

I thought long and hard about this when I did Guap. The FVD one is a nice alternative if you have a turbo front bumper.
The two main issues for me are it is made of fiberglass and thus more subject to breakage and it does not look like an original GT2.
Of cour$e it'$ not a$ $pendy a$ OEM.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Here is the splitter. As you can see, there is hardware to mount the splitter to the bumper all the way around the top front of the splitter. The threaded inserts are fiberglassed into the splitter and the bolts go in through the back of the bumper. So at least on the splitter I have, holes have to be drilled into the bumper.

the FVD splitter doesn't have those inserts into it anymore...probably doesn't fit as good either. The carbon splitter looks MUCH nicer than what they offer now too. How long ago did you get these pieces?

I think I have found one in Ca, still waiting for more details from the owner. The air inlets at the ends are round holes, and not the larger openings like the FVD splitters have-like your's does. He said it's a Getty splitter, but Getty responded to my email enquiry that they never made a one piece GT2 splitter for a turbo nose. That splitter has the same center indent...for lack of a better description. Never seen any other one piece product. Shipping is a killer for anything that big...doesn't matter that it weigh's nothing.

I asked for a part rennfax on the 993 forum...I'd like to get a set of eyes on the parts before I committ. The parts are in Fontana...he has a Getty GT2 wing/deck also. I just bought a GT Racing wing on an oem deck very cheap, needs glass work and paint. This other wing still needs paint, but is perfect.

Shipping...ahhhh, shipping. Add another $500+ to cross the country.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:03 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

pm sent to OP

Quick Reply: GT2 splitter for turbo nose?