Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intercooler hoses S Car Go

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 06:54 PM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have replaced a few of these hoses, and fabbed aluminum pipes, you don't need silicon connectors, what I use for attachment are Wiggins clamps, it allows 12* of movement all around, and it can hold up to 150 psi of pressure without problems, it will last the lifetime of the car., cheers, Sonny.

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
I've actually made some aluminum/copper pipes a while back (and I can probably so a better job now with the welder) but you still need some silicone pieces to connect at the turbo/intercooler ends and you end up with 4 connections that can fail instead of 2... There are more solid connections you can use but that requires machining of the turbo outlet and intercooler inlet, and you're probably right, some flex is probably better. If you think about how you put the intercooler on, you end up moving the tubes quite a bit to get both sides on and then connect to the throttle body/bolts to fan housing.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:54 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

^ yes I've seen the wiggins clamps, but probably would be hard to place with the stock tin, in the car.

As a follow up, i have these in the car. I didn't want to have to take the mufflers off and use tin snips - it kind of ends up messy (what I did with my old engine). So, looking at the tin in the engine on my stand and reading Overboosted experience about the welds (actually little almost rivets/just punched together), I used my trusty screwdriver to pop the sleeve/tin off from the inside, its a little tough reaching/seeing down there but doable, and looks nice/no cuts. I couldn't get good pictures in the car/too dark from the engine compartment so I've attached pics of the engine on the stand. These hoses fit nicely/few mm longer over the turbos, they are not going anywhere!
Attached Images      
Old 10-18-2013, 04:25 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 227 Likes on 185 Posts

Great info BS, thanks for the post!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

are you worried about abraision from the raw engine tin on the hose? Most likely not an issue, but something to consider.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
are you worried about abraision from the raw engine tin on the hose? Most likely not an issue, but something to consider.
I thought about that but the tin is nicely bent out/smooth even after taking the sleeve off, and looking at it I didn't think it would be a problem. If you look at the pics of the tube installed, you can see that there's a little sleeve from the bend in the lip of the tin.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

The other thing I thought about in general is Porsche sure went to extra lengths to really try to seal the engine with the tin/sleeves/rubber seals/covers over holes for accessing engine carrier bolts. I assume it is important for cooling. The covers for accessing the engine carrier bolts on the tin in my new to me engine is missing, and on the driver's side, the O2 sensor leads go though this hole (since the area around the normal O2 sensor hole in the tin is moddified for the twin plug/ducting). I think I will rig something up to cover these holes.

These hoses fit really nice/snuggly with the sleeve removed as you can see in the pics. S car Go should have given these instructions for removing the sleeve when they sell these hoses.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

hmm, i think one of my engine mount bolt covers fell off. I never bothered to replace it. maybe i should just for posterity.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:33 PM
911PERVY
Banned

Agree, the main tinware looks like its nicely folded over under the sleeves.

I am i contact with the vendor regarding purchase, shall I ask for a group buy deal?

How many would be interested, add copy & paste;

911 Pervy
Old 10-18-2013, 02:45 PM
AiRick
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

Im interested GB
Old 10-18-2013, 04:08 PM
911PERVY
Banned

I am i contact with the vendor regarding purchase, shall I ask for a group buy deal?

How many would be interested, add copy & paste;

911 Pervy
AiRick
Old 10-18-2013, 05:25 PM
sonny1
Banned

You can use Wiggins without tin problems!!!! The Wiggins 2" turbo side weld in ferrule will go thru it without any problems.,btdt, cheers, Sonny.

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
^ yes I've seen the wiggins clamps, but probably would be hard to place with the stock tin, in the car.

As a follow up, i have these in the car. I didn't want to have to take the mufflers off and use tin snips - it kind of ends up messy (what I did with my old engine). So, looking at the tin in the engine on my stand and reading Overboosted experience about the welds (actually little almost rivets/just punched together), I used my trusty screwdriver to pop the sleeve/tin off from the inside, its a little tough reaching/seeing down there but doable, and looks nice/no cuts. I couldn't get good pictures in the car/too dark from the engine compartment so I've attached pics of the engine on the stand. These hoses fit nicely/few mm longer over the turbos, they are not going anywhere!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sonny1
You can use Wiggins without tin problems!!!! The Wiggins 2" turbo side weld in ferrule will go thru it without any problems.,btdt, cheers, Sonny.
Cool good to know! The connecter is just welded onto the turbo outlet I assume? Will consider it for my spare engine build.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 PM
sonny1
Banned

Consider it with your serious build, cheers!!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sonny1
Consider it with your serious build, cheers!!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

if 911 Pervy will organize the S Car Go hoses GB, then I'm in

1. Rick 930

(juts add your name to the list).

Quick Reply: intercooler hoses S Car Go