Sponsored by:

New 97 available at Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 04:21 PM
xpensivewino
Pro

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts
Default New 97 available at Top Gear

Well another 97 TT has hit the market place at Top Gear imports in N.J. An Arctic Silver with Boxter red interior with 46k miles. Looks to be pretty tidy, but the reputation of this dealer is less than stellar on the internet. Anyone know the car??
Old 06-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I've looked/drooled at their cars too as they have a lot of air-cooleds. Unfortunately, after doing some research, I found out that their reputation completely sucks.

After learning that I deleted their website from my fav's
Old 07-01-2013, 01:19 AM
eeterp
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they have a website now or do you mean ebay?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:01 AM
xpensivewino
Pro

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

I could only find it on Ebay.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:34 PM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

IMHO Top gear Imports are stand up guys. It seems like one guy really hit them hard and posted on all the forums.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:53 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

To the op..best bet if you like one of their vehicles, call them and ask questions, ask for documentation, more photos, ask for whatever will make you get on a plane or jump in a car and go see the car for yourself. The had a 930 that was bought and flipped on Rennlist by one of our members(not that there's anything wrong with that) in fabulous condition...so yea they can have nice cars but always get a ppi.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:03 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw the silver/red turbo in person. The car was flawless with all original paint...it sold fast for a very reasonable price.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:44 PM
TopGearPorsche
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just like speednme said...if you like something we have feel free to call and ask for as much info as possible. Ppis are welcomed and encoureged. Unfortunatley most of the time an unhappy customer vents on the internet about a bad experience, happy customers usually don't. The few unhappy customers that we've had had been made whole. We are Porsche guys just like everyone else here and we take a lot of pride in what we buy and sell. Please feel free to call us at anytime if you see something you like. If you don't see it feel free to call anyway...we probably have it or can get what your looking for.

Tx Sean 201-310-0048
Old 08-10-2013, 12:52 AM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TopGearImportsNJ
Just like speednme said...if you like something we have feel free to call and ask for as much info as possible. Ppis are welcomed and encoureged. Unfortunatley most of the time an unhappy customer vents on the internet about a bad experience, happy customers usually don't. The few unhappy customers that we've had had been made whole. We are Porsche guys just like everyone else here and we take a lot of pride in what we buy and sell. Please feel free to call us at anytime if you see something you like. If you don't see it feel free to call anyway...we probably have it or can get what your looking for.

Tx Sean 201-310-0048
Why don' t you guys have a website?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:43 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you guys have a showroom, love to take a look?
C
Old 08-10-2013, 10:11 AM
TopGearPorsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by blackboy
Why don' t you guys have a website?
We are more of a wholesale operation. 80% of our cars go to other dealers/corporations or overseas. What you see on ebay is a small fraction of our inventory. Recent retail demand has shifted our focus so as we speak we are developing a website. In the meantime anyone is invited just call and let me know you would like to visit.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:13 AM
TopGearPorsche
Former Vendor

Chris,

Yes, we have a very large showroom/warehouse. Please call me anytime.

Sean
Old 11-30-2013, 11:50 AM
DarrellT
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, so what is the actual address of your shop Sean? you have a white 930 on your eBay listing that looks very interesting.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:46 AM
malan1
Advanced

I agree that you should always have a PPI completed by a reputable and knowledgeable third party when buying a car. I will say that I find it interesting that Sean (TopGear Owner) appears to be such a supporter of this process in print on this post as he was not in my dealing with him.

I entered into an agreement to purchase a car (1997TT) from him last year and I sent a deposit to hold the car until a PPI was completed. He agreed to deliver the car to my choice of 3 local PPI options (2 dealers, 1 ind.) as he was familiure with them. I made my choice and after a week of phone calls to Sean he decided that he was going to send my deposit back as it was too much hassle for him. He said he sells hundreds of cars and always takes care of his customers. Well, that may be true but......

I got my deposit back

It is his business. While that was his prerogative to deny the PPI I felt he wasted my time and was less than straight. He changed his mind after he made the deal. Obviously I was not being unreasonable in requiring a PPI and I was paying for it. I can't say why he changed his mind and I will not speculate but he should have saved us both the time and hassle by being up front.

I did my research and found another car. I'm sure he sold that one so life goes on....

Caveat Emptor
Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 AM
TopGearPorsche
Former Vendor

Malan1
I remember our dealings. We were during a "Move Period" into our new 20,000 sq. ft building and simply did not have the man power at that time to take the 97TT to a dealer. As you know dealing with town officials, permits as well as constructions can be time consuming and nerve wrecking.

Ever since then, we have geared our business to accommodate PPI's to our clients. PPI only helps dealers like us. It builds trust resulting in long time relationship with our clients. Pardon our approach with you last year as we have learned from our growing pains. I wish you luck with your beautiful white Wide body.

Quick Reply: New 97 available at Top Gear