even more DIY gt2RS intercooler Data

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Default even more DIY gt2RS intercooler Data

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=28499

First track day this year at the Ridge, went with a different group (first time - Turn2). Nice weather and well run (although lot more traffic than I'm used to, and 20min sessions seemed pretty short cf an open track day where you can stay out as long as you want - but it was not bad at all). Car's set up differently, seemed to handle and run well in 2wd/hydraulic delete/DIY aligmnemt, but I was being careful. Was almost full 3 seconds slower than what I had worked down to by the end of season last year...which means more to do with driver than car. Any hoo, have a post turbo/pre-intercooler temp guage now to compare with post intercooler temp. Last session, last lap (12th) of the day, low 30's C outside temp. Front stretch like the other runs. Boost pressure is reading wrong by 1 bar still - max boost is 1.3 or so (not 2.3 -it reads absolute pressure - will have to try correct the calibration equation by 1 again). Post turbo temps seem to go up to low 120's degree celcius but post intercoler temps kept mid/high 40's C - so 15 -20 degree or so from ambient upto 140 mph.
Not too shabby... but working on a completely new set up that I hope to get working/able to share by end of season - stay tuned!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: even more DIY gt2RS intercooler Data