Photos of GT2 EVO 1 front end without bumber cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Photos of GT2 EVO 1 front end without bumber cover

Hey folks,

I'm about to tackle the front end of my 993 and would like to see some photos of oil coolers installed on a 993 GT2 EVO 1. So if you have photos or can link to photos of a EVO (note, not EVO 2!!!) with the bumper cover removed, please chime in!

Thanks!

Juha

Last edited by Juha G; 03-26-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have one with the cover off but here is something that shows what I did. You will have to pivot the coolers out to fit the the bumper and this is after you cut up the bumper ducts so it fits on the stock tub. Make sure you seal them up as best you can! The factory cars had tub modifications and the bumper had internal ducting for the coolers & brakes. I highly recommend you fab up a duct that channels the output air from the oil coooler through the side of the bumper like the factory did. Keeps the hot air from the front tires and going under the car as well as kept my oil temps slightly lower than without.

Since those ^^^ old pics I have added another spitter below the evo 1 as well as some canards. I'm currently at evo ride height (maybe +5 or 10mm) and that front splitter really really works. You can feel the steering get super heavy and the front all of a sudden gets traction that takes some getting used to! Its a bit freaky the first time you get that feeling you really don't want to trust the grip. The first time out with the new setup was at the sebring this year and here are some pics of canards and splitter in action. Don't make fun of my home made numbers I forgot my good ones at home

Old 03-26-2013, 02:51 PM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is some front end, great!!!!!!!!!!
cheers,Sonny1
Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for the pics and info Josh! Much appreciated!!
I love your car and can't wait to get mine done!!!!!

So you cut the channels away from the EVO bumper and made new ones? I notice your coolers are in a much more aggressive angle than in stock position.
Were you able to keep the fans?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

I kept as much as the bumper as I could and cut what had to be cut to fit on a stock tub. This is without any front cross bar either. Its kind of bothering me not having that bar and I'll put a thick piece of 7075 or something to link the mount points or something. You can't run the stock bar with the evo I bumper (don't think factory ran anything either).

What you'll need to do is get the bumper and try to fit it on your car. Cut, fit, cut, fit, etc until its just how you want it. The stock oil coolers locatons won't work so you have to angle them out. If you leave them then they will be sticking out in the middle of the two big square openings if that make sense. This is not an efficient way to run them and it won't look good at all. There is room for the fans but I don't run any.

This is all a pretty custom operation so be prepared to put some hours in gettiing to fit right and look good. Many many hours of work on that front end to get everything to fit right and properly ducted but it really pays off in the end.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 371 Posts

Spartan, Nice!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Great pics bill. You can see how the evo tub is different there. No frame rails extending for the bumper shocks and what looks to be a sharper entry on the lower portion

The ducts on that bumper are sexy!!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:26 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice looking 993's.

Quick Reply: Photos of GT2 EVO 1 front end without bumber cover