Sponsored by:

Siemens 60 Lb Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Siemens 60 Lb Injectors

I have made a thorough search and cant seem to find much info on it. Does anybody here run plug and play 60lb injectors?

I am upgrading to Protomotive K24/18g's with the tune, I want to know if I could find the Injectors myself. Todd suggests to use Siemens 60Lb injectors.
Any suggestions on a plug and play set is appreciated.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

of course you can.

they are excellent injectors that I ran on my 700rwhp mustang.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siemens-Deka...861#vi-content
Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
of course you can.

When the weather gets warmer I will have to buy you a beer.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

By plug and play, does that mean you can switch to these injectors as an upgrade and use the same fuel pressure regulator and ecu or do you need to compensate for the larger capacity with programming?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 PM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
By plug and play, does that mean you can switch to these injectors as an upgrade and use the same fuel pressure regulator and ecu or do you need to compensate for the larger capacity with programming?
I think you could run the same FPR but need to adjust tune for the added flow.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

These are ok but you can do better for a similar price. I found in yearly servicing that they were constantly dripping, out of sync or the pattern was off. I run Bosch motorsport EV14's in 72lbs now. They are fully servicable and so far have held up better than the siemens did. Also all of these injectors will need spacers that so the injector will fit to the fuel rail.

If you can get the siemen 60's for a good price they work but you should have them tested each season imo. Even new injectors are worth sending off to make sure they are actually flow matched and working properly. Its worth the $100 imo.

To run any of these injectors on our cars you will need an adjustable FPR and a new tune of course. If you are doing all of this then you should go up to the 044 pump as well. If you are using protomotive then get a decent wideband so you can send him logs to get the tune dialed in remotely
Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 PM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spartan
These are ok but you can do better for a similar price. I found in yearly servicing that they were constantly dripping, out of sync or the pattern was off. I run Bosch motorsport EV14's in 72lbs now. They are fully servicable and so far have held up better than the siemens did. Also all of these injectors will need spacers that so the injector will fit to the fuel rail.

If you can get the siemen 60's for a good price they work but you should have them tested each season imo. Even new injectors are worth sending off to make sure they are actually flow matched and working properly. Its worth the $100 imo.

To run any of these injectors on our cars you will need an adjustable FPR and a new tune of course. If you are doing all of this then you should go up to the 044 pump as well. If you are using protomotive then get a decent wideband so you can send him logs to get the tune dialed in remotely
Thanks Spartan,

Spoke to Todd and he says the FPR is not needed, do you think I should change it? I have an 044 pump already installed since mine died early year.

Where can I obtain the spacers for the injectors? Thanks,
Old 03-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Maybe not in you specific case but it is defiantly needed for mine. Especially if the car sees altitude changes. Surprised he would tell you that actually.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:36 AM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spartan
Maybe not in you specific case but it is defiantly needed for mine. Especially if the car sees altitude changes. Surprised he would tell you that actually.
Maybe I misunderstood, will definitely run it by him again.

Where can I obtain spacers?

Thanks,
Old 03-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Todd can sell you all that stuff. I got my injectors from EPL along with the spacers

Ajustable fpr is cheap and easy to install and would get it for this type of application. Make sure you have a wideband setup as well. This is very very important to make sure the car is within the proper AFR's under WOT. Teach yoursellf how to log with it and you can send Todd the files for any tune revisions.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:52 PM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Yup, I have a Zeitronix data logger. Thanks!!
Old 06-05-2014, 01:42 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
of course you can.

Sorry for the year later post... but, I'm considering some Siemens Deka 60lb injectors #107961 over the InjectorDynamics 72lb/hr injectors I originally intended on using, on recommendations by several people including the fellas over at TPC (I'm running a TPC Supercharger and about to run a programmable ECU and convert to MAP sensor and wideband). Just figured I'd ask if these are the correct ones for direct plug-n-play applications. Thanks!

-Rich

Found a Matched set - http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRE-60LB-Fue...cb6b70&vxp=mtr
Old 07-11-2014, 11:06 AM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

FYI, I initially bought 6 injectors from TRE Performance (The Racers Edge) and they were not Genuine Siemens Deka injectors. I definitely just misread their listing. I ordered six 60lb injectors. They sent 5 80lb and one 650cc (as marked on the injector body itself). I called to complain and they "Verified that they were all 60lb units". I said "How do you know? I'm looking at 5 that are etched as 80lb and the orifice opening on the one marked 650cc is clearly different". He said "We test them all". I said "So do I have 5 80lb injectors that are only flowing 60lbs/hr?". He just said "Theyre all 60lb". I didnt want to waste my time and money to have them sent out and tested... I just ended up sending them back and enduring a 20% restocking fee... lame.

I ordered 6 genuine Deka 107961 injectors and they showed up today. Will be installing them and tuning in the SuperCharger ASAP.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought the same set up from Todd (through Sam @ ByDesign- great guy) and awaiting for my motor to be finished - I'm told this is the way to go..

Quick Reply: Siemens 60 Lb Injectors