Sponsored by:

My car is for sale. Very very clean

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Don't particularly like the 991's. Guess I may go back to a GT3. It is hands down the best "sportscar" on the street.
How about a Boxster Spyder? I preferred it to the 997.1 GT3.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:42 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
How about a Boxster Spyder? I preferred it to the 997.1 GT3.
Frankly, IMHO, a regular Boxster/Cayman are the best sports cars made. Other than a 993 TT of course...
Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

I went out and bought a new Boxster Aqua/Blk. Wanted a top-down car, and the M3Cv is loosy-goosy and top heavy. Drove a 991 Cab first... not a chance...!

Haven't had a chance to wring it out, it's still cold here and P-Zeros don't like cold. But I can tell it's quite snaky.... and the new Boxster is considerably larger inside than the old one.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:46 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Funny, I drove one recently almost did the same thing!!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Funny, I drove one recently almost did the same thing!!
It's quite a sportscar

great minds.....
Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

Your tt'd be 6 digits up here easy.......
Old 02-21-2013, 05:17 PM
gooseNSJ4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:52 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

Still for sale? I have a simular low mileage 911 Turbo (not for sale) and I thought I would take your post to ask a question or two about mods. If I were to take the car off the usa stock "stilts" ride height, add FD Golden Rod is it generally advisable to keep the old parts? I contemplate about switching to some of the GT2 suspension parts etc. Will it hurt the value if I make these mods or not keep the old parts etc - whatever the mod may be? Car's just under 12k miles - plan to own/drive it forever circa 3k miles or less a year but you never know what could happen in the next 10 years or so.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:23 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PiB993
Still for sale? I have a simular low mileage 911 Turbo (not for sale) and I thought I would take your post to ask a question or two about mods. If I were to take the car off the usa stock "stilts" ride height, add FD Golden Rod is it generally advisable to keep the old parts? I contemplate about switching to some of the GT2 suspension parts etc. Will it hurt the value if I make these mods or not keep the old parts etc - whatever the mod may be? Car's just under 12k miles - plan to own/drive it forever circa 3k miles or less a year but you never know what could happen in the next 10 years or so.
The OP didn't mention if he also changed shocks with the euro springs, so it all depends how many parts you swapped out, changing back to the OEM springs is a possible option.

I swapped out the OEM shocks and springs with Bilstein PSS9, I think I have the OEM parts in storage somewhere but probably are taking up space for nothing. I wouldn't want to pay the labor costs to put back the OEM parts. In this case, the Bilstein PSS9 would probably add some value.

The OP also has the option to swap back the OEM cat. That's less labor intensive then the suspension swap. So OP may then sell the aftermarket cat separately.

In the OP's car, IMHO, if he sold his car w/o the original parts, I doubt any value would be diminished.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Always a good idea to hold on to your stock parts...just in case.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,639 Likes on 2,319 Posts

the oe shock and spring on 996TT is a frking joke, why would anyone, including collectors want them is beyond me. Pss9 aint that much better. try moton, mcr adjusted for street use. you will then realized you have never really driven a TT until then.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

I kept the original parts "just in case" someone wants them.

as it happens I've had a collector who is chewing on it who would not make the deal unless I had the parts. If it's a driver, I don't think anyone cares, but if you have a vehicle of collector value, or for that matter any toy of collector value you're always better off keeping the original parts IMH experience...

Also would not do any mods that cannot be undone...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Bullmrkt
Intermediate

Allegretto, im interested in your car. Could you email me? bullmrkt.ian (at) gmail.com

Thanks!

Ian
Old 04-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Bullmrkt
Intermediate

I posted this first in another thread I started about a different car, which was a mistake. I apologize for the dupe. Anyway...

I've finalized a price on your car allegretto! http://porsche.rizzacars.com/vehicle...pe/582105.html

So far, pretty good. I asked the dealer to send me and include a leak down & compression test. They responded saying they had already done one, but would do another if they couldn't find the results. Then I get a call and they say they can't find the results, and they don't want to do a test because it will take 13-14 hours and $2000 (high I know). The car is there on consignment, so they aren't willing to throw anything in.

Then I checked the carfax, and despite the low miles this car has been around the block a few times. A little concerning, but both you and the dealer swear up and down that it is 100% mechanically and clean as a whistle. The photos support this. Click here to see the carfax I just ran to see the sales: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4za...it?usp=sharing

I'm in Dayton, OH, so I'm having a good friend and fellow car nut deal with things there for me. Unfortunately this dealership is not very close to any other mechanic there I'm familiar with. Assuming everything is okay, I'll be heading up this weekend to pick it up.

Hopefully all is well, I can't wait to join the club!

Ian
Old 04-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Bullmrkt
Intermediate

Some photos...
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: My car is for sale. Very very clean