Sponsored by:

Turbo > Intercooler hose clamps

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Turbo > Intercooler hose clamps

I'm changing my hoses this winter and wondering what the consensus is on the type of clamps
I have read on RL about Breeze, T bolt clamps ect and would like to ask for some recommendations.
I am currently using the std clamp at the turbo and a wider
T-bolt clamp at the intercooler.
I find the T-Bolt clamp a little tricky to install as it tends to slide over the end of the hose a bit.

Thanks in advance for your helpful expertise.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:16 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default BREEZE

I used the Breeze.... haven't driven under full boost yet so can't comment on how good but after lots of reading here seemed many liked the Breeze clamps...

Originally Posted by DRPM
I'm changing my hoses this winter and wondering what the consensus is on the type of clamps
I have read on RL about Breeze, T bolt clamps ect and would like to ask for some recommendations.
I am currently using the std clamp at the turbo and a wider
T-bolt clamp at the intercooler.
I find the T-Bolt clamp a little tricky to install as it tends to slide over the end of the hose a bit.

Thanks in advance for your helpful expertise.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 663 Likes on 278 Posts

I recently replaced my hoses with the orange ended reinforced parts & used Breeze clamps on all 4 connections. The clamps on the turbo sides were a little tricky to install, though after 20 minutes of fiddling they were on.

The Breeze clamps are nice quality & I've made plenty of full boost pulls since installing with no issues.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:09 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

i purchased the Breeze clamps and have them for both ends, only installed on the intercooler side at the moment. the wider band of the breeze is a little over on the right side hose, but not much. the left no issue. I am still using the orig hoses, just got the uprated versions myself in the mail yesterday. For what its worth, when getting my car aligned at Dan Jacobs, the tech recommended the breezes, as he saw them on the car. Agian YMMV.

rob
Old 12-29-2012, 06:33 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the info

anyone have the Breeze Part Number for the turbo side clamps?

TIA
Old 12-29-2012, 07:11 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DRPM
thanks for the info

anyone have the Breeze Part Number for the turbo side clamps?

TIA
CT 250L and CT300L, this is what i purchased via ebay as I didn't need a pkg of ten. I can confirm that the 300 works great on the intercooler side. I haven't installed them on the turbo side, was waiting for new boost hoses.

Can't take credit for the sizes as I lifted it from another thread on the forum, can't recall who did the math on them, but thanks to them anyway

Quick Reply: Turbo > Intercooler hose clamps