Sponsored by:

In weak moments I think of selling

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012 | 01:21 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ca993twin
I have similar, blasphemous thoughts once in a while. A brisk drive usually cures me.
Steve, next time you have that thought in your head, just call me instead of going for a drive. I'll make sure your car goes to a good home.
Old 09-28-2012 | 09:41 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

I can't imagine only driving the car like 1500 miles a year. I've put 18k miles on mine in 2.75 years i've had it.
Old 09-28-2012 | 02:40 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I can't imagine only driving the car like 1500 miles a year. I've put 18k miles on mine in 2.75 years i've had it.
How many cars do you have?
Old 09-28-2012 | 04:15 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

It isn't about whether you drive it often, is about how often it makes you smile. Every night when I lock the back door, I take a peak a the TT and it makes me smile.

A keeper
Old 09-28-2012 | 04:30 PM
TTKan
Pro

Originally Posted by pstoppani
It isn't about whether you drive it often, is about how often it makes you smile. Every night when I lock the back door, I take a peak a the TT and it makes me smile.

A keeper
Good point!
Old 09-28-2012 | 09:56 PM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

A keeper
+1 on this point. If this is still the case for me in 5 years, I can't see selling mine either.

If the wife likes the vehicle why not make it hers and go out and get something else ?

Geoff
Old 09-28-2012 | 11:02 PM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

A keeper
Exactly! BTW, glad I'm not the only one who makes up a lame-**** excuse to visit the garage at bedtime... Any time I have doubts, esp when bouncing around on Vancouver streets, an open road drive hard on it makes me realise how solid this car is and what it was designed to do. We were out with a group last weekend, and an '06 Murcielago and Ferrari 355 Spider couldn't pull away from us. We also seemed to get more than our fair share of compliments on the car, compared with some of the newer Porsches and Lambo's (not that I'd mind a Gallardo Spider...). I would expect severe seller's remorse with the 993tt.
Old 09-29-2012 | 08:18 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Pm me if you decide
Old 09-30-2012 | 12:01 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Thanks for the comments, guys. Clearly it's not a rare thought process for many of us. And just to be clear, if I do ever sell it it will be offered to Rennlisters exclusively. Can't imagine not having it stay within this great group of porschefiles.

bbs993tt, yes is Glacier White with medium blue supple interior. Completely stock except for bilstein suspension upgrade. It has 33,000 miles and (not) climbing . I am the third owner. Former CA car until I brought it east.

I appreciate the various comments...not that they really help since I can see the whole group is as split as I am on the issue. If it weren't such an amazing car we wouldn't be having this discussions, I guess.

Perhaps I keep it and perhaps one day that perfect ford gt opportunity will present itself. Trust me, I'm not believing that the Ford will ever completely measure up to the TT but I just love the styling and uniqueness of that car. Anyone ever driven or owned one?

hanging on for now.....
Old 09-30-2012 | 03:05 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 96PorscheTwinTurbo
Anyone ever driven or owned one?
Yes, have driven one. Impressive car with silly power. Fit and finish not nearly what the Pcar is. My major beef with it is the visibility. The A pillar is so far out in front of you that it always seems in the way. It's almost at the "11:00" position. I found myself darting my head left and right to see around it all the time.
Old 10-16-2012 | 09:43 AM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

hanging on for now.....
I have been down the keep / sell path .....twice.
DONT SELL.

You wont regret it now, you will regret it a few years from now.
and you wont want your baby back after someone else has been with her....

Place the TT in the "never sell" category of your mind,
beg, borrow, steal or earn some extra $$$ - for a casual fling with something else along the way.
Old 10-16-2012 | 03:42 PM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

A keeper
Same here. Never put the car cover on.
Old 10-17-2012 | 12:08 AM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Originally Posted by Q
I have been down the keep / sell path .....twice.
DONT SELL.

You wont regret it now, you will regret it a few years from now.
and you wont want your baby back after someone else has been with her....

Place the TT in the "never sell" category of your mind,
beg, borrow, steal or earn some extra $$$ - for a casual fling with something else along the way.
Good advice. For now I seem to be holding on. I too have sold cars that I regret selling but that is, in part, only because I'm selfish and want them all! The TT is the finest car i have owned to date. Just not sure that it is the finest one I will ever own : )
Old 10-17-2012 | 12:37 AM
wagongotya
Pro

dump it you can always get another
Old 10-17-2012 | 08:19 PM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Good advice. For now I seem to be holding on. I too have sold cars that I regret selling but that is, in part, only because I'm selfish and want them all! The TT is the finest car i have owned to date. Just not sure that it is the finest one I will ever own : )
I hear you

My rationale for keeping my 993's forever was [apart from the aircooled aspect] they are the ultimate retro-tech car !
classic styling, so much technology.

In years to come, nothing will look this classic, and yet still be so driveable

Quick Reply: In weak moments I think of selling