Sponsored by:

Confessions of a Rufaholic

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 05:13 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Felix,

No kissing required. Simply have most of your frontal lobe removed, and enjoy flushing hundred dollar bills down the toilet. Easy Peasy.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:52 PM
marin77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Second that ...still waiting on the car with all body work + calipers repaint + A-pillar etc ... + the bill ...
Old 09-08-2012, 11:55 PM
GT3.2
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to see you and rufus today, I was in the white GT-3 (with the sticker we spoke about)
Awesome car....a true porsche owner drives the car and enjoys it....clearly that is you!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:36 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GT3.2
Nice to see you and rufus today, I was in the white GT-3 (with the sticker we spoke about)
Awesome car....a true porsche owner drives the car and enjoys it....clearly that is you!!!
Likewise with you and your beautiful GT3. If I didn't have Rufus, I'd have me a GT3. What a fine automobile.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:09 AM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,
You are a true Rufaholic, congrats on the guages, they look really nice.
You know, you might just have to ship your car across the pond to get that roll cage installed

By the way I think your sickness is contagious! And the Ruf steering wheel should be here in about a week
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 549 Posts

Steve, you are only as sick as the limit on your credit card.

I was in the bakery yesterday and they were out of sourdough. So I bought a whole carrot cake instead. For myself.

I understand what you are going through.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:00 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Dammit! 993Ruf... where did you get those floor mats with the yellow script? Mine have red script. Dammit. Just when I thought I was all done. No roll cage for me. Where? How much?

Terry, also a dammit over your way for abandoning your west coast buddies just to be with your family. What a lousy excuse. We need you here.

Last edited by ca993twin; 09-13-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:31 PM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Steve,

I got the mats from "Ruf of America" Michael came through for me. The Yellow Script is kinda hard to get right now along the Ruf shifter.( mats price 299$)

I can hardly wait for the Steering wheel.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993RUF
Steve,
You know, you might just have to ship your car across the pond to get that roll cage installed

By the way I think your sickness is contagious! And the Ruf steering wheel should be here in about a week
Steve,

The instrument cluster is sharp and really finishes the car. White needles be damned, the red ones look tremendous !

Greg,

All I can say is there must be something in the fall air here. I just ordered the same shifter **** and mats in gelb/yellow last week from Mike. Door sills are on order as well. Also working on upgrading the brakes to the Brembo kit in the next month before she's put away for hibernation.

Remember fellas the first step towards recovery is admitting you have a problem. I'm just not there yet ! Will post up some pics when she's done.

Geoff
Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ****?

I was told by RUF michigan the Shift ***** were not available and discontinued? This about a month back or less... 299 for RUF script matts sounds like a nice deal...

What did you get for door sills, carbon with RUF script or other? are you talking factory RUF sills.... sounds slick!

Originally Posted by Marshy
Steve,

The instrument cluster is sharp and really finishes the car. White needles be damned, the red ones look tremendous !

Greg,

All I can say is there must be something in the fall air here. I just ordered the same shifter **** and mats in gelb/yellow last week from Mike. Door sills are on order as well. Also working on upgrading the brakes to the Brembo kit in the next month before she's put away for hibernation.

Remember fellas the first step towards recovery is admitting you have a problem. I'm just not there yet ! Will post up some pics when she's done.

Geoff
Old 09-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a lot of that stuff. Amazing to see how much more expensive and more difficult to get 4 years later. I'm glad that the new RUF is able to obtain those bits.

But do you guys have a RUF key head?? I know that Steve does!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
I was told by RUF michigan the Shift ***** were not available and discontinued? This about a month back or less... 299 for RUF script matts sounds like a nice deal...

What did you get for door sills, carbon with RUF script or other? are you talking factory RUF sills.... sounds slick!
Call Mike Melville with RUF USA again Mick. His number is listed on their website. RUF discontinued making the shifter ***** but has begun fabricating them again so long as the demand is there. Mike told me a couple of days ago that he usually orders them 3 at a time at customer request, but doesn't keep them in his stock.

The RUF door sills are silver with RUF insignia from RUF Germany. Purely a cosmetic touch, but nice all the same.

Geoff
Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 PM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 993RUF
Steve,

I too have a RUF wheel on order with deviated light blue stitching. I can't sleep at night thinking about it
Old 09-14-2012, 12:45 AM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's a phone pic of my sills.
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2012, 01:04 AM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Texas993
I have a lot of that stuff. Amazing to see how much more expensive and more difficult to get 4 years later. I'm glad that the new RUF is able to obtain those bits.

But do you guys have a RUF key head?? I know that Steve does!
Hello Patrick,

I don't have one. I wished I had one. What I do have is this on my key chain.

Greg
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Confessions of a Rufaholic