Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of TIRES are u using on 993 TT's ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 07:46 PM
JB993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993RUF
I'm really happy with them, and I drove them hard on the 993 fest together here in Wa. A great street performance tire for those spirited drives.
Good to hear.
They will be ordered tonight then!
Should be a great fit for the 18" wheels on their way from fellow Rennlister Overdraft
My 19 " Techarts will likely come on sale then...
Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

Greetings gentlemen. I'm looking at probably the Michelin PS2's (due to comments here), the OEM Bridgestone (just because it's OEM) or maybe Continental Extreme Contact DWS - Ultra High Performance All-Season. Any experience with the last tire? I suppose I'm considering it because of the all weather aspect and good wear rating. Will people wonder what the hell is wrong with my car if I run an all weather tire like that? I'm hesitant if there is little experience with it on the stock rims - how well do they fit for instance. In the end, the wear rate benefit may be mute because I'll be putting on circa 3000 miles a year.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM
carmstrongls1
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

N3 is the OEM spec for the ply rating based on the weight distribution for the car the tire was designed for.

Chime in if I'm incorrect.

That was how it was explained to me by Porsche Houston north when I got my pole position s02 a's last year.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:09 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PiB993
Greetings gentlemen. I'm looking at probably the Michelin PS2's (due to comments here), the OEM Bridgestone (just because it's OEM) or maybe Continental Extreme Contact DWS - Ultra High Performance All-Season. Any experience with the last tire? I suppose I'm considering it because of the all weather aspect and good wear rating. Will people wonder what the hell is wrong with my car if I run an all weather tire like that? I'm hesitant if there is little experience with it on the stock rims - how well do they fit for instance. In the end, the wear rate benefit may be mute because I'll be putting on circa 3000 miles a year.
Tire Rack is a sponsor of this site and highly knowledgable about Porsche tires. I would give them a call and ask for their advice.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM
billswim
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You live in the bay area and want all season tires? Doesn't make sense to me. Are you compromising performance for tire wear ratings? False economy IMHO. We didn't buy these cars for their outstanding gas mileage, nor their outstanding tire wear?

Your tires are what hold you to the road. Never, ever cut corners on your tires. (see what I did there? a pun)
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

The Bay Area does experience snow and rain. I'm not interested in cheap or poor quality tires. But I ask to see if there are any bad experiences with Continental's quality. Michelin makes a hipo all season tire too. The only time the car lacks grip is in damp. Grip in the dry definitely is not a problem. I'm going to chat with Tire Rack soon. May just go with OEM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

The Bay Area does experience snow and rain. I'm not interested in cheap or poor quality tires. But I ask to see if there are any bad experiences with Continental's quality. Michelin makes a hipo all season tire too. The only time the car lacks grip is in damp. Grip in the dry definitely is not a problem. I'm going to chat with Tire Rack soon. May just go with OEM.
I had a set of conti DW on my 987, overall I was happy with them. I'll admit wet traction was excellent, tire was quiet and comfortable even lowered on 19s too. Good reviews, lots run this and the DWS model on the 987 platform.

Overall conti I believe makes good quality tires, I believe some have run these on 993 NAs.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:35 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 N3 for a nice $1700! Feels nice

Quick Reply: What kind of TIRES are u using on 993 TT's ?