Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andial 3.8 conversion potential purchase...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 12:17 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

My 2p worth......

FVD Brombacher never built twin plug Motronic 5.2 engines so the ECU program which was procured through him was likely from Gunther Mandl who worked mainly for Pietz (TTP) at the time and specialized in the electronics side and did the electronics for the well documented 993tt with 600hp twin plug motor which had a claimed 600hp but ran numbers of about 530hp

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...st-german.html

The only other Motronic 5.2 tuners for twin plug AFAIK were RS Tuning and Protomotive although Protomotive could not work the boost control functions and used fixed boost controllers.

The Andial 3.8 with this ECU program would likely to be in the 530-550hp range and I seem to remember the acceleration numbers we saw verified this.

The intercooler guage, (Davtron manufactured) is a neat piece but unfortunately its refresh rate is too slow for accurately seeing IATs, it simply can't keep up with the changing IATs when compared to the actual numbers read through a Bosch Hammer eg.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:16 PM
lthatch
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All good info. Thanks for the help and I will keep you all posted.
I plan to call Andial Monday.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
My 2p worth......

FVD Brombacher never built twin plug Motronic 5.2 engines so the ECU program which was procured through him was likely from Gunther Mandl who worked mainly for Pietz (TTP) at the time and specialized in the electronics side and did the electronics for the well documented 993tt with 600hp twin plug motor which had a claimed 600hp but ran numbers of about 530hp

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...st-german.html

The only other Motronic 5.2 tuners for twin plug AFAIK were RS Tuning and Protomotive although Protomotive could not work the boost control functions and used fixed boost controllers.

The Andial 3.8 with this ECU program would likely to be in the 530-550hp range and I seem to remember the acceleration numbers we saw verified this.

The intercooler guage, (Davtron manufactured) is a neat piece but unfortunately its refresh rate is too slow for accurately seeing IATs, it simply can't keep up with the changing IATs when compared to the actual numbers read through a Bosch Hammer eg.
From my discussions with Andial in 2010, they were going to use a Bosch ECU and were offering same upgrade (pricey though) to customers that had the Thielert.

Quick Reply: Andial 3.8 conversion potential purchase...thoughts?