Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just listed the 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:05 AM
dfwporsche
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Deposit received from a RL Member! Car is off the market pending a compression/leakdown.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:23 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I've been around this car a few times when Mark owned it. After he detailed the paint, it had one of the most flawless black paint jobs on any car I've ever seen .. and pretty much bullet proof at this point with everything done. I'd think this car would do another 90K with just routine maintenance.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dfwporsche
Deposit received from a RL Member! Car is off the market pending a compression/leakdown.
Wow. Deposit within 15 hours. Is that a record? That is a smoking deal for someone at that price with a lot of work already into it. That Ferrari is unbelievable - you should be able to grieve over the loss of the Turbo just fine
Old 02-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Jeff. I love this place.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love this place ! Someone is getting a great deal.

Geoff
Old 02-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

That's great it's going to another RL member. Not surprised, I would've acted fast too if I was in the market.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM
scosurf
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 57 Posts

Great looking car. Would love to hear your comparisons, I am toying with the same idea thanks Bob
Old 02-20-2012, 02:53 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

That Ferrari is just incredible.
Are you going to tell us what you think of it now?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:36 AM
dfwporsche
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 993MAN
That Ferrari is just incredible.
Are you going to tell us what you think of it now?
I have had the car only a few weeks. Here are some impressions. My brother has a standard 430 Spider and we have been switching cars so most of my comparisons are to the standard 430 and my old Fcar (F355). Comparing this car to the 993TT is difficult because they are just so different. I am a huge fan of Porsche and I just arranged to buy back my 88 Targa (one of my favorite ever). One day I would like to buy a GT3.

[Appearance]
I will always love the lines of the F355 GTS. Its one of my all time Ferrari styles. I also love my brother's red 430 Spider but only when the top is down. As with most convertibles the lines of the car are broken when the top is up. The Scud is lower than the standard 430 and has a number of other appearance changes. To me the Scud is a much prettier car than the 430. Part of the reason I made the Scud decision is my brother and I switch cars often so I can drive both. I dont know the math but my guess is 70% of all ferrari's sold are red. Black is my favorite color and I think the Scud looks angry in black. I also love the fact every time you look in the rear view mirror you see the engine bay.

[Performance]
The Scud is on a different planet. Zero to 60 times are in the 3.5 second or lower range (I have seen them quoted as low as 3.1). Ferrari says the scud is as fast as the enzo around Fiorano. When you get above 6000 RPMs there are red LED's on the steering wheel which help you know when to shift. The car goes from 6k RPM to the 8500 rev limiter in a blink of an eye. I am also amazed at how well all this performance makes it to the pavement. When I was driving the F430 it was irritating to have traction control kicking in all the time spoiling the fun. In Race mode this car holds traction amazingly well even off the line. The tires are brand new which also makes a difference. Fastest car I have ever been in.

[Sound]
One thing you will read about these cars is its amazing how loud it is in the car and how (relatively) quiet the car is on the outside. Inside the car you hear every rock hitting the bottom of the car (no sound deadening material) and you basically just hear engine (good and bad). On the good side - it sounds amazing. On the bad side if you want to carry on a conversation when you are doing 90 on the interstate be prepared to talk loud. Just like the other Fcars there is a bypass valve which opens in the exhaust under either heavy acceleration or at high RPM. I had the Capristo exhaust setup on my F355 and I used to think that was loud. The Scud isnt loud driving around town or in the neighborhood but if you open it up she screams. I still think the sounds of the F355 is one of the best ever (sounds more like a pure F1 car) but the Scud is off the charts as well. Windows down getting on the interstate on-ramp at night with your foot on the gas will give you goose bumps and scare any passenger to death. This car will also scare anyone driving nearby. The car literally feels like a race car.

I am currently in the process of getting radar / laser shifting gear installed. This thing feels like a magnet for speeding tickets.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the car only a few weeks. Here are some impressions. My brother has a standard 430 Spider and we have been switching cars so most of my comparisons are to the standard 430 and my old Fcar (F355). Comparing this car to the 993TT is difficult because they are just so different. I am a huge fan of Porsche and I just arranged to buy back my 88 Targa (one of my favorite ever). One day I would like to buy a GT3.

[Appearance]
I will always love the lines of the F355 GTS. Its one of my all time Ferrari styles. I also love my brother's red 430 Spider but only when the top is down. As with most convertibles the lines of the car are broken when the top is up. The Scud is lower than the standard 430 and has a number of other appearance changes. To me the Scud is a much prettier car than the 430. Part of the reason I made the Scud decision is my brother and I switch cars often so I can drive both. I dont know the math but my guess is 70% of all ferrari's sold are red. Black is my favorite color and I think the Scud looks angry in black. I also love the fact every time you look in the rear view mirror you see the engine bay.

[Performance]
The Scud is on a different planet. Zero to 60 times are in the 3.5 second or lower range (I have seen them quoted as low as 3.1). Ferrari says the scud is as fast as the enzo around Fiorano. When you get above 6000 RPMs there are red LED's on the steering wheel which help you know when to shift. The car goes from 6k RPM to the 8500 rev limiter in a blink of an eye. I am also amazed at how well all this performance makes it to the pavement. When I was driving the F430 it was irritating to have traction control kicking in all the time spoiling the fun. In Race mode this car holds traction amazingly well even off the line. The tires are brand new which also makes a difference. Fastest car I have ever been in.

[Sound]
One thing you will read about these cars is its amazing how loud it is in the car and how (relatively) quiet the car is on the outside. Inside the car you hear every rock hitting the bottom of the car (no sound deadening material) and you basically just hear engine (good and bad). On the good side - it sounds amazing. On the bad side if you want to carry on a conversation when you are doing 90 on the interstate be prepared to talk loud. Just like the other Fcars there is a bypass valve which opens in the exhaust under either heavy acceleration or at high RPM. I had the Capristo exhaust setup on my F355 and I used to think that was loud. The Scud isnt loud driving around town or in the neighborhood but if you open it up she screams. I still think the sounds of the F355 is one of the best ever (sounds more like a pure F1 car) but the Scud is off the charts as well. Windows down getting on the interstate on-ramp at night with your foot on the gas will give you goose bumps and scare any passenger to death. This car will also scare anyone driving nearby. The car literally feels like a race car.

I am currently in the process of getting radar / laser shifting gear installed. This thing feels like a magnet for speeding tickets.
Nice summary. Sounds like more fun than should be legal.

Geoff
Old 02-20-2012, 11:33 AM
scosurf
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 57 Posts

Very nice write up
Old 02-21-2012, 05:50 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Wow, great car (the 993TT, duh!), great price, and congrats to the new owner! Can't wait to see it in the flesh soon!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am a huge fan of Porsche and I just arranged to buy back my 88 Targa (one of my favorite ever).
Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Missed the price?
Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

PPI passed with great leakdown numbers from RUF. It is getting loaded next Tues and coming to CT. Thanks Jeff. Its a great car.

Quick Reply: Just listed the 993TT