csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Get the new hood.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:31 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I would get the new hood, and I did after my "incodent" a few years ago.
I made my own option sticker up, and although to someone in the know it might look different, to most it's an option sticker.
Sometimes we are just a bit to precious I reckon. With photo's as proof it wouldn't stop a sale anyway.
At 16 years old lots these cars are going to have had work.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:36 AM
964speed
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car ...

I, too, have Grundy insurance...

They were cheaper than Haggerty's so I went with them.

How has the claim process been?

I have always wondered how the insurance companies handle a situation like this.

as you know, these car are not cheap to get repaired.

If you take your car to a local shop they could charge 5k to fix it.

But if you take your car to an expert they can charge 10k to repair it. How does Grundy’s handle the difference?

Do you get to decide? and will they cover the cost of going to an expert as opposed to a regular body shop?

also it seems that you might need the whole car painted to make the paint match... these days people can tell if a bumper was sprayed vs. a fender etc.

Good luck !
Old 11-25-2011, 10:30 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still can't yet judge the performance of Grundy Worldwide. They have Jefferson Insurance doing the adjusting. They, Jefferson Ins., sent a guy down from Reno to make a report while the car was at Galiten Porsche (spelling approx.). I talked to him and he said he was not familiar with Porsches or collector cars either. His report was: beat out the dents, putty it up and blend in the paint. I spoke with the person at Jefferson, you know, the one behind the desk with the computer, the person through which all data whether digital, verbal, mail of fax must pass, and shevassured me that the report was only premininary, that another adjuster woul inspect the car once I shipped it back east. I decided to have
Lufteknic in Richmond, VA do the repair. I was sorely tempted to call Mr Palmer after the shout outs for him by the individuals owned by Rufus and El Guapo among others, but I decided to have the car closer to me than 6 hours of travel each way in case problems arose. I should add that Schneiders Auto Haus, who did all of the engine work, recommended them. I was so pleased with the work done by Schneiders and the way they
stayed in communication throughout the process that I felt comfortable with their advice.
So the car was delivered via Interstate covered transport (can't see how it can be better) to Lufteknic a couple weeks ago. Jefferson sent another adjuster. He spent a short time at the car and generated a report. I have read it and strongly disagree but the response from Grundy is what matters. There is no doubt how the car will be repaired, and such repair will be well documented. The only unknown is Grundy's position and that should be obvious soon. I doubt they are quakingnin their boots.....I promise to keep you posted......Chris
Old 11-26-2011, 10:12 AM
964speed
Pro

good luck with the Insurance companies...

as you know the insurance companies always tell you they will let you take your car to whomever you like to have repaired.

But we all know they control the process by limiting the estimated repair value / cost -

so yes take the car where ever you like to have it repaired so long as it doesn't cost more than X amount of dollars to repair.

If it cost more be prepared to come out of pocket even if you have a zero deductable .

Thus you become stuck with dealing with a lesser quality type repair
Old 11-26-2011, 07:32 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

I don't want to be argumentative here. After a career repairing yachts, where repair bills can often exceed six figures I can say that there are almost no generalizations you can say about insurance companies, except that they are corporate entities formed to make money. A company like Chubb is most concerned that their customers are both pleased with the repairs and timeliness of the yachts return to service. In my experience, the "good hands" folks are at the opposite end of the spectrum. The quote I received from Grundy Worldwide was more than Haggerty but 30% less than Chubb. I will see what, if anything, my savings has cost me. Reputation is important and my hope is Grundy is determined to carve out a place in a very profitable niche market. As I said before, I'll keep you guys posted.....Chris
Old 11-26-2011, 08:08 PM
964speed
Pro

No argument here….

I'm very interested in knowing how Grundy's handles the claim -

I hope they allow you to get the right repair done.

A repair that puts your car back to its original pre-vandalism condition
Old 11-26-2011, 10:56 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I have Grundy as well. Anxious to see how they treat you.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:41 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 176 Posts

I am thinking about the Grundy too so lets see how this thing pans out
Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

I will cut to the chase and say that I could not be more pleased with Grundy Worldwide Insurance. They told me at the outset to take the car to whatever repair facility I felt comfortable with. I was warned by many that they may not accept the labor rate, in this case $125 per hr for all procedures, and as a result I would only receive a percentage of the estimate. A second adjuster had been sent to the car by Philadelphia Insurance Co., the company doing the adjusting for Grundy. I had earlier had stated in error that it was the Jefferson Ins. Co. I apologize for my faulty memory. This adjuster came up with a higher repair estimate. I asked Lufteknic to prepare an estimate to repair the car as they saw fit. This estimate was 50% higher that the higher of the the two adjusters sent by Philadelphia Ins. Co. The estimate was accepted by Grundy with zero adjustments, and the check was sent immediately. Admittedly, this was not a major claim....3 fenders
dented by a hammer and windshield, rear and one side window replaced. The only way this could be better would be if it never happened to begin with. I was assured from the first day by the person that handled the claim, one Malissa Ipolito, that this would be the out come. She was right and I can't recommend Grundy Worldwide more highly. My only frustration is that a proper repair takes time; salt will soon be on the roads here in Maryland and as a result it won't be til' early spring that I again feel the wonderful push on my spine of that amazing engine. Thanks for all your thoughtful comments and advice. I visit this site more than I would admit to anyone except one of you.....Chris

Quick Reply: Vandalized 993TT in Vegas