Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD Brombacher - Software for 1995 & 1996 Turbo ECU's NOW AVAILABLE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default FVD Brombacher - Software for 1995 & 1996 Turbo ECU's NOW AVAILABLE!!

We have just perfected loading software on the "single flash" 95' and 96' ECU's. Now you don't have to purchase a vastly more expensive 1997+ ECU's!!! Here are the highlights...

Stock:
Engine - 6 Cylinder Boxer Twin-Turbo
Capacity - 3600ccm
Compression ratio - 8,5:1
Max. Power - 408HP @ 5750rpm
Max. Torque - 398lbf ft @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 180 mph (290km/h)
Max. RPM - 6700rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-62 mph) - 4.5s

Software Tuning:
Max. Power - 440HP @ 6000rpm
Max. Torque - 443lbf ft @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 192 mph (310km/h)
Max. RPM - 6900rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-62 mph) - 4.3s

Highlights:
- Software performs flawlessly on your 95' and 96' model year ECU's !! So you don't have to purchase 97' and newer ECU's which are extremely expensive!!
-All of the factory engine software safety features are fully intact
- Customizable for your needs (intakes, lightweight flywheels, Bypass - 100 cell - 200 cell exhausts, 3.8 conversions, cams, etc.)
- Customizable for Octane (Please let us know what Octane you are running Example: Europe 98, US 91 or 93)

Retails for $ 2,295.00

Please Note:
You will need to give us the Bosch number and Porsche number off of the ECU prior to sending the ECU to us to ensure what control unit you have. Some 993 Turbos may already have an updated 97' + ECU.

The reason is 1996 model year ECU EPROM's could only be flash loaded with software one time. To program these units requires the use of a coding socket. A late model ECU (1997 and up) can be flashed without the use of a socket.

ECU must be sent to us. Please call for details should you need assistance in removing the unit.

FVD DME / ECU Programming Philosophy

For more than 25 years, FVD-Brombacher has been setting the standard for Porsche Engine Management software tuning. FVD-Brombacher has perfected the art of Porsche tuning making substantial gains in horsepower and torque, all while retaining the drivability and most importantly reliability required in an everyday driver. These advancements have been the result of countless hours of research and relentless testing on the engine dyno, at the track and most importantly on the street.

We program our ECU's with the following modifications in mind:

-Removal of the top speed limiter
-Increasing the rev limiter
-Modifying ignition timing
-Increasing throttle response
-Optimizing Air / Fuel Ratio
-Modifying boost mapping (Turbo Cars)

FVD Brombacher- Power with peace of mind

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

i struggle to see how you guys are getting to 440+bhp.

I'm assuming you are running at least a bar of boost?

Most people would argue that you'd need a set of hybrids to reliably make 440bhp/443 torque.

Can you post your dyno graphs?

thanks
Old 05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could have a 430hp ECU from the factory on K16's, an extra 10hp doesn't sound crazy.... It's the people claiming to get mid to high 400's, and even 500 on stock k16's and a map, that's crazy!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

As an old (geezer) SW engineer, I have a question about how the ECUs are programmed. Is the code written in a high-level language and compiled? Are there drivers for all the sensors? Is the code mostly just look-up tables? I'd love to see a tiny snippet of the source code. Anybody know?
Old 05-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by JBL930
You could have a 430hp ECU from the factory on K16's, an extra 10hp doesn't sound crazy.... It's the people claiming to get mid to high 400's, and even 500 on stock k16's and a map, that's crazy!
well that was more like 424bhp and thats at .9 bar.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:09 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Think you're confusing DIN hp with SAE hp, sport. 430/424 - same same GI, just a different way of measuring the ponies. Jon's point is that you could get this level from PAG with very conservative programming. The same innate conservativeness went into their 450 hp k-24 kit (lets not argue what kind of hp that number represents, OK?). I had one of these reflashed in DE by Ansgar Wiesner which produced something in the 480hp range with far less lag, reasonable IAT's and still ran at around 1.0 bar. It can be done; PAG just doesn't seem able/willing to do it, some of which probably is because they don't know what kind of crap fuel might be going into the car in some bumf*ck country. Sound familiar?
Old 05-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by bb993tt
^^Think you're confusing DIN hp with SAE hp, sport. 430/424 - same same GI, just a different way of measuring the ponies. Jon's point is that you could get this level from PAG with very conservative programming. The same innate conservativeness went into their 450 hp k-24 kit (lets not argue what kind of hp that number represents, OK?). I had one of these reflashed in DE by Ansgar Wiesner which produced something in the 480hp range with far less lag, reasonable IAT's and still ran at around 1.0 bar. It can be done; PAG just doesn't seem able/willing to do it, some of which probably is because they don't know what kind of crap fuel might be going into the car in some bumf*ck country. Sound familiar?
right, and I'm guessing the numbers being quoted are in SAE and not DIN, but I could be wrong.

That said, I don't find the stock 424bhp turbo S tuning to be all that conservative.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are the lowest performance figures I have seen for our cars and wouldn't inspire me to do the upgrade if I had a stock motor.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

well if anything, they are the most realistic.

480bhp with just some tuning just isn't gonna happen.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:48 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Well now Ollie, I'm going to take a wild assed guess that this little hand grenade was (anonymously) rolled under my tent flap. Next time, if you've got a problem with something I post how about just manning up to it, OK? I'm not a big fan of shots in the dark.

FYI, k24's and "proper tuning" instead of "some tuning" can produce something in the neighborhood of 480 hp. Hell, PAG will give you 450 hp with these turbos and their tuning. You just have to be willing to live with more turbo lag than I was. And proper tuning is where you get the hp you paid for and where all the engine parameters are ecu-controlled. Since Felix and I data logged my engine at a vmax event with this kit, I know the approximate hp the car had and that I didn't have a nickel rocket under me. Go much past the upper 400 hp level and, yes, something besides "some tuning" will be necessary. RUF will give you something more like 520 hp (not 490) with additional components. I had a friend of mine in the engine dyno room in Pfafenhausen when mine was being tested, so I'm not just making this stuff up as I go along.

And as a point of clarification, sport, remind us all how many 993TT's you've modified in your vast years of Porsche ownership?

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
well if anything, they are the most realistic.

480bhp with just some tuning just isn't gonna happen.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Well now Ollie, I'm going to take a wild assed guess that this little hand grenade was (anonymously) rolled under my tent flap. Next time, if you've got a problem with something I post how about just manning up to it, OK? I'm not a big fan of shots in the dark.

FYI, k24's and "proper tuning" instead of "some tuning" can produce something in the neighborhood of 480 hp. Hell, PAG will give you 450 hp with these turbos and their tuning. You just have to be willing to live with more turbo lag than I was. And proper tuning is where you get the hp you paid for and where all the engine parameters are ecu-controlled. Since Felix and I data logged my engine at a vmax event with this kit, I know the approximate hp the car had and that I didn't have a nickel rocket under me. Go much past the upper 400 hp level and, yes, something besides "some tuning" will be necessary. RUF will give you something more like 520 hp (not 490) with additional components. I had a friend of mine in the engine dyno room in Pfafenhausen when mine was being tested, so I'm not just making this stuff up as I go along.

And as a point of clarification, sport, remind us all how many 993TT's you've modified in your vast years of Porsche ownership?
what are you talking about exactly? grenades? tent flaps?

I guess you thought my post was a sublte dig at you or something, but it wasn't.

With k24s and "proper tuning" as you put it, I don't doubt 480bhp.

stock 993tt+ecu tuning doesn't result in 480bhp more than a handful of times.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:59 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

^^ No concussion, no foul. As as for the grenade and tent flap comment ... I guess you just had to be there. And if you weren't, just thank your lucky stars.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Our numbers are quoted in DIN Hp. The 440 Hp that I quoted is a conservative "middle of the road" estimate on K16's. We are conservative in our estimates as some cars engines may not be as "fresh" as others. So we would rather under promise and over deliver. Here is the dyno sheet...

Some cars will see more Hp dependant upon what is on the car. For example K24's with a 5.0 bar fuel pressure regulator can see as much as 480 Hp (DIN) with our software. That is the beauty of our software, tell us exactly what hardware you have on the car and we will safely extract as much power out as possible.

By the way bb993tt, odds are that if you still have the original andial software running for your 3.8 twin plug it was done by us. We worked with Arnold and Dieter for many, many years.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 AM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

^^ Yep, one of the ecu's that came with blackie is one of yours, Rhonda. Can that one be modified to account for some changes I've made to the motor since Arnold and Dieter breathed on it?
Old 06-01-2011, 03:57 AM
adamvandenbos
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Andial 993

^^ Yep, one of the ecu's that came with blackie is one of yours, Rhonda. Can that one be modified to account for some changes I've made to the motor since Arnold and Dieter breathed on it?
This is upgrade I would be interested in too.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher - Software for 1995 & 1996 Turbo ECU's NOW AVAILABLE!!