Got my first ticket in Rufus... on Hwy 17

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 AM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,
Sorry to hear about this. I guess with the way the economy is, I bet minor infractions are getting much more attention than usual. Regarding the tint, at one time I was seriously considering the same on my TT and asked a friend why didnt he get his windows tinted. He said, "Are you kidding me? I want the chicks to know who's driving this beautiful car".
Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Yeah, I recently had an extortionist, er, I mean a cop, pull me over and cite me for tint here in Los Angeles.

Then he proceeded to tell me that I didn't need to remove it if I paid the fine. I was incredulous. So basically it's only a revenue deal and they don't even care if you keep it, so they can extort you again down the road.

Sad to see our police reduced to becoming money ****** to satiate their pimps at City Hall, but that's where our government is these days.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Yeah, I recently had an extortionist, er, I mean a cop, pull me over and cite me for tint here in Los Angeles.

Then he proceeded to tell me that I didn't need to remove it if I paid the fine. I was incredulous. So basically it's only a revenue deal and they don't even care if you keep it, so they can extort you again down the road.

Sad to see our police reduced to becoming money ****** to satiate their pimps at City Hall, but that's where our government is these days.
Ahhhh.... Never mind.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:25 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Chuck, I'm sorry if I offend, but I've just had too many unpleasant encounters with LAPD. Mostly because they see easy money. Citing me for tint is a good example. Saying it's illegal but that I can keep it only tells me that this has nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with shaking down motorists.

I know you are a lawman and I really do have deep respect for you as an individual, but I have little for those who use the badge to badger. I see more and more if it as the years go on.

This is what I wrote on another thread about this subject:

Laws shouldn't be written and enforced that serve only to generate revenue. Nor should laws be written that trump common sense. And finally, these days, too many municipalities are enforcing the letter of the law rather than the spirit, i.e. ticketing for driving 38mph in a 35mph zone. Yes, that's speeding, but folks traveling 3mph were not the targets that these laws were designed to punish.

The government is violating moral law when it preys and extorts monies from it's citizenry, especially when the reason why they've reduced themselves to extortion is because of their own fiscal incompetence.

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket in Rufus... on Hwy 17