Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a ticket today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:03 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in Italy the cops will nab you for doing +2km/hr over which will cost you 100 Euros plus points. On the plus sign they warn you when they are trying to empty your pockets by displaying a curbside placard warning you that they are up to no good.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
Here in Italy the cops will nab you for doing +2km/hr over which will cost you 100 Euros plus points. On the plus sign they warn you when they are trying to empty your pockets by displaying a curbside placard warning you that they are up to no good.
Wow, that doesn't seem to deter drivers in Italy from exceeding the speed limit when I have had the pleasure of driving / riding in cars in Italy.

So is it just a random roadside tax? As the Polizia don't seem to do it a lot based on my small sample size. That is tickets for 2km over, but then again, it always seems that 50% of the car are always going faster then +20km, so I guess it is just bad timing / karma if it is your turn.

Lambocop Stalks Italian Speeders

Italian Police Crash Lamborghini Patrol Car
Old 08-06-2010, 10:00 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Laser jammers work quite well, and there is no legislation banning them anywhere, that I am aware of
No banned in CA, just illegal to use. That is for sure.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:53 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96_993TT
Like the title says, got a speeding ticket today. Cop was "pacing" me and said I was doing +20 over the limit. Odd thing is though I looked at my speedo when I saw his lights and it was 9 over. Roughly 54 in a 45... I thought he was off so I downloaded my GPS data to my laptop when I got home and at no point was I going as fast as he said I was. There was one tick at 53 and another at 55. All the other ticks were at or below the speed limit. So, question is, should I fight it and take the GPS dump of data to court?
Pacing tickets are hard to beat as it comes down to a credibility issue. You're driving a porsche designed to go fast and the cops are protecting the widows and orphans! We know its a BS revenue ticket and it's not enforcement. But the cops know the odds favor them on this type of cite and they maximized their bet in nailing a porshe driver who by all accounts is wealthier than the average toyota driver.

If the judge is a law and order type (and you can find out) that came out of the DA's office it's uphill. On the other hand if the judge came out of private practice or the public defenders office and was a left wing bomb thrower in college, you have a a 25-30 % chance of pervailing. Your tactic of using GPS is noble, but you have a chain of evidence problem but if that's all you have give it a try.

Think of it this way, There will be no porsche drivers deciding your fait, it will more than likely be a non car person. Funny things do happen in court and I fight every ticket. I've won a 120 in a 50 mph and lost a 75 in a 70!. Good luck Jimmy will be pulling for you.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So, question is, should I fight it and take the GPS dump of data to court?
Always fight it... maybe cop won't show... I've been lucky a couple of times. If he does show, fight. If you lose ask for repeat offenders traffic school with no points on record.

Quick Reply: Got a ticket today...