Sponsored by:

Center Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Center Exhaust

Had my car on the track last weekend. You can see some photos posted on the Green Ruf Bumper post.

As you can see by my avatar the car was a real flame beltcher. Funny how changing to a free flowing exhaust eliminated that. Still barks out a bit but when it had the ceramic 100 cell cats before it would pop on every shift and keep those following me distracted enough for me to pull away. Beyond too much fun at night on the highway !!!

I know it is a bit subjective but the car is not as loud as first thought. For those looking for the maximum ( and allowed to change the exhaust, EPA no cat etc.) this may not be that obnoxious. Had a motor problem so I am not able to post a sound bite just yet. Several people commented the car does have a very distinct 935 twin sound to it. Perhaps they were placating me since that was what I was trying to get to. Hard to tell from the inside while driving. I will never go back to the crossover outboard set up. If the car needs to loose a few db I will build some inserts.

For those of you changing bumpers consider this mod to go with it.

Rick

Quick Reply: Center Exhaust