Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 owner Black/Red TT low miles great price

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010 | 05:42 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Originally Posted by Parnelli
"In my opinion the reason the price spread has decreased substantially between TT's and "S's" is that the Europeans have little to no interest in the TT's, due to the fact that the US version has slightly less horsepower than their European counterpart (400 vs. 415...I think); the S's all have the same at 282 HP. "

I would doubt that.......only 15 hp is much difference on a 400 HP basis. Plus that 15 spread has always been there so why would it start affecting pricing now .
Not only do I stand corrected that the EU TT's are only 408 hp, but it is true that the demand for US TT's in Europe are minimal at best. I happen to be friendly with a few of the biggest resellers of air cooled Porsches in Europe and they love importing our 993 C2S, C4S, 965 and WB 3.2's; they have no interest in the 993TT. The recent slide of the Euro and the economy in general over there may put a damper on their business, but even when the dollar was weakest against the euro earlier this year, the demand just wasn't there for 993TT's. Perhaps some of our European RLers may care to comment on this fact and is it due to variables other than the small differential in hp.
Old 05-15-2010 | 05:56 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

"Rednoble" - Not sure if you gona like the interior, from this view, as mentioned earlier by 993turboS.

Take a look at driver seat (if link does open)!

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...disp=inline&zw
Old 05-15-2010 | 06:16 PM
mausone46
Racer

Hallo Deadhead, the reason why european reseller does not buy US TT is because the German TT buyer want only German cars, he care very much on this and is ready to pay top money on that , the are many difference: like bumpers,spring ecc....,the big one but is: history of the car.
ciao Giorgio
Old 05-15-2010 | 06:50 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Smile

"I would doubt that.......only 15 hp is much difference on a 400 HP basis. Plus that 15 spread has always been there so why would it start affecting pricing now ."

BTW, obviously i meant "only 15 hp is NOT much difference on a 400 HP basis"
Old 05-15-2010 | 10:18 PM
rednoble
Advanced

Originally Posted by ELPORSCHA
"Rednoble" - Not sure if you gona like the interior, from this view, as mentioned earlier by 993turboS.

Take a look at driver seat (if link does open)!

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...disp=inline&zw
i'd love to see better pics, the link is private (gmail link). i have gt3 seats anyway though so that wouldn't be a huge concern for me
Old 05-15-2010 | 11:26 PM
Texarkana
3rd Gear

Sorry I believe it is now sold. I test drove it right after a local guy - this was all the push he needed. I would love to have it, never owned a air cooled 911.
Old 05-16-2010 | 01:45 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Originally Posted by mausone46
Hallo Deadhead, the reason why european reseller does not buy US TT is because the German TT buyer want only German cars, he care very much on this and is ready to pay top money on that , the are many difference: like bumpers,spring ecc....,the big one but is: history of the car.
ciao Giorgio
The question is...why is there such a big demand for well documented, air cooled Porsches from early 1970's models all the way up to 993's, excluding the 9933TT. Other than the small difference in hp, what other negative factors contribute to the lack of demand for these TT's in Europe. The issues you mention above (bumpers, suspension, etc) are also relevant in normally aspirated 993's yet the demand for these cars are huge in Europe. Parnelli, I hear what you're saying and on the surface 8 hp difference should not cause such as difference, that is why I am questioning what other variables are in play here. I will also consult with my overseas friends and get their feedback.

Quick Reply: 1 owner Black/Red TT low miles great price