Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank God for great car history records!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010 | 09:52 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Default Thank God for great car history records!

When I bought my '97 TT last summer the previous owner (from 2003-2009) also included all of the car's service/upgrade records and receipts since the car was bought brand new. I'm embarrassed to admit that I only partially looked them over upon immediate receipt. Today I finally got around to going thru the (thick) file piece by piece.
Man, was i IMPRESSED! These guys really kept maticulate records and spared no expense on maintenance/upgrades. Some of you may remember the website/ad that the seller put together with the web address of 1997porscheturbo.com/ . The site is obviously no longer there since he sold the car. He's the guy who mentioned in his ad that the valve guide issue must be a consideration when buying one of these cars as it's a matter of when not if you're going to have to do this.....his was done at 41K miles (a $10,000 expense at Hergesheimers in Lake Forest, CA).
Anyway, my point is that these huge files really helps the current owner know the EXACT history of the car. Every receipt from oil changes to major upgrades has been kept. I always kept these on each of my own cars but this is the first time I actually had the papers on a car from all of the previous owners as well.
Let's all continue to keep diligent records on these amazing cars and we will be doing ourselves and the future owners a BIG favor.

P.S. Jon, if u are still out there great job on maintaining/upgrading the car and Thankyou!
Old 02-02-2010 | 03:21 AM
jtpsocal
Instructor

Parnelli, Your welcome.....I'm REALLY glad your enjoying the car and it stayed in the RL family. I'll never forget the night I picked that up. The carrier was going to getting in super late in Orange County and wanted to delay my pickup until the next morning.....I said I'll be there NO problem, we unloaded it in a parking lot next to Angel Stadium at 1am in the morning btw- I just picked up an 09' Cayenne Turbo S (partially a tax related purchase and my Rover is a POS) and lets just say the 993 TT put a smile on my face EVERY time i drove it, something I cant say with the Cayenne. I used to get weekly thumbs up in the 993..Of course I get ZERO thumbs up in the Cayenne.
Old 02-02-2010 | 09:21 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jtpsocal
Parnelli, Your welcome.....I'm REALLY glad your enjoying the car and it stayed in the RL family. I'll never forget the night I picked that up. The carrier was going to getting in super late in Orange County and wanted to delay my pickup until the next morning.....I said I'll be there NO problem, we unloaded it in a parking lot next to Angel Stadium at 1am in the morning btw- I just picked up an 09' Cayenne Turbo S (partially a tax related purchase and my Rover is a POS) and lets just say the 993 TT put a smile on my face EVERY time i drove it, something I cant say with the Cayenne. I used to get weekly thumbs up in the 993..Of course I get ZERO thumbs up in the Cayenne.
jtpsocal-

it is SO great hearing from you! PM being sent

Quick Reply: Thank God for great car history records!