Sponsored by:

timing of throttle blip in heel toe

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 11:42 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I know how to do it perfectly EVERY TIME!! Go to Porsche GET PDK, Done!

Seriously, I have heard SO many different ways to do this. But Bob Rouleau
description is the best I have heard and matchs exactly the way I learned how to do it.
In fact our family had an old 73 Toyota station wagon, with a 4 speed. The clutch or something
was wrong with the tranny and it wouldnt shift(synchros?) Unless you double clutched like Bob said. No one
would drive the thing except me because I could shift it fine double clutching. So I got my car
a year before I was SUPPOSED to at 15 because I could drive the Toyota. Matter of fact when I was in college and I drove an old fuel truck we had to double clutch it.
But out of all the instructors who showed me how ViperBobs way of doing it worked best and it was EXACTLY as Bob Rouleau described the HT

PDK still works best!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Double clutching is truly the way, however its a bit tricky for me to pick that up in hairpin turns because the absence of power steering and the torsion bar suspension makes me want to keep my focus on my hands.

Re PDK, your point is well taken.

My thinking is this:
What I dont love is cooking. So I outsource that. Ditto other activities.
What I do love is driving. So if I were to use a PDK that would outsource what I love. Why would I do that?

So we agree on double clutching, and agree to disagree on PDK.
Peace brother.

Quick Reply: timing of throttle blip in heel toe