Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum-62/)
-   -   Introducing "The Black Pearl"... (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/532692-introducing-the-black-pearl.html)

CincyScott 11-01-2009 12:12 PM

Beautiful, Viggo! I wanted a black or a white one, but settled for red because it was the best car I could find.

I love the wheels on it now!

V 11-02-2009 05:00 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I know I'm crazy but in here, I'm not alone :D

Originally Posted by pstoppani (Post 7033359)
I love it when people post after taking a happy pill and/or had a few shots :)

Me? :nono: drink? :biggulp:... . . Hehe. Pete you need to start a new thread and tell us about your new UMW tweaked monster.. Spare no details!!

:cheers:

Originally Posted by 993MAN (Post 7033841)
Holy crap Viggo, that cars awesome. I agree that the only colour should be black. But beggars can't be choosers! We both have small markets so I reckon you are a lucky lucky man.
Good move on selling the AR TT. If this is what you want to do, you will have lots of fun mate.
Let the mods begin :biggulp:

Graham, thanks for the kind words. It was a tough decision, one that took many sleepless nights :banghead:. My problem being addicted to Porsches is that it just consumes you if you don't make up your mind.. Eventually I did and I feel that this was a really good move.. :). I wish you luck in gettings yours sorted. Hope to see you back on the road soon brother!!

Mods further discussed in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...uning-ruf.html

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 7033907)
:corn: Opening soon at a thread near you: "The Modding of the Black Pearl" :corn: Viggo played by Johnny Depp? V-man-- That guy in the photo looks VERY happy. ...& we can all see why.
We're blessed to have you on this board; you & the beautiful but bad to the bone Black Pearl! Breathtaking lightweight TT.:thumbup:

Thanks for your advice when I was modding my 993. My advice? Have fun with your German gem, enjoy that slippery slope (you are so far gone already:evilgrin:), & keep us along for the ride. Never too many photos, my friend. :typing: Off to a perfect start -- your shots in the shade show off perfectly shiny paint. Great job with your 'first' post of your dozen-year-old new TT.
Congratulations!!!

PS Thanks for your most recent PM, & offering to ask around.

Haha Jäger buddy.. Here's "The modding of the black pearl":

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...uning-ruf.html

At least, that's the BIG mod planned. Engine. I plan on getting my PSS9 suspension sorted down the road with gt2 uprights, solid bushings etc. but first things first :). The interior is pretty much all original. I'm going to put in my Becker Traffic Pro and hardwire it to a cradle carrying my iPhone but other than that, I'm pretty happy with it as it is.. "Sleeper" OEM looking interior. I'mm concentrate on performance mods instead :)

I know you want more pictures.. I will take some more when I have time. For me with my new iMac it's just such a time consuming process to shrink and resize images and all. I need to learn how to do it faster. Maybe I'll just email you everything instead :). Or upload them to your image sharing account, hehe.

OH and yes, I AM very HAPPY.. As you said it's not hard to tell.. I was also told by Pete that I was on drugs.. I won't comment on that.. . . . ;)

Originally Posted by cytefx (Post 7034139)
perfect combo, you may be a small community but you always seam to have the nice cars up there :)

J - Few cars exist so you have to move fast once they show. It's a small market and it get's even smaller when foreigners come over here and buy our cars. 'Nuff said. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by delanobe (Post 7034197)
Very nice and again congratulations!

Seems the mods on this car are my taste also ;)

Curious how long you will keep this one :D

Delanobe, I know I think you have great taste in wheels :evilgrin:..

Originally Posted by -CD- (Post 7034386)
Wow, great car! Congrats!

Black on Black with no sunroof ist really great and the option list and data is fantastic!

Only the rims are not my cup of tea!

Some black rims would be look great on your car!!!

Greetings Christian

-CD- Wheels are a very personal thing. I never really liked the multispoked Dymag-style wheels :icon107:. Nevertheless, you car looks like a badass turbo. Shaved gutters? Wow.. I've been impressed with your projects before (964). Please tell us more about your build!

Originally Posted by CincyScott (Post 7036686)
Beautiful, Viggo! I wanted a black or a white one, but settled for red because it was the best car I could find.

I love the wheels on it now!

GR is also VERY nice. Sportier. What I like about black is that it is both raw/stealth, classy, sporty and clean at the same time.. Ofcourse, it's also very hard to KEEP clean.. :banghead:

Spartan 11-03-2009 10:50 AM

This car is Spartan approved!!

Nice find Viggo! Love that sunroof delete (welcome to the club)

Shoot me an email we need to catch up my friend

V 11-03-2009 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Spartan (Post 7042200)
This car is Spartan approved!!

Nice find Viggo! Love that sunroof delete (welcome to the club)

Shoot me an email we need to catch up my friend

Will do buddy, long time no hear :). Thanks for the kind words!

-CD- 11-03-2009 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by vhanzon (Post 7040080)
-CD- Nevertheless, you car looks like a badass turbo. Shaved gutters? Wow.. I've been impressed with your projects before (964). Please tell us more about your build!

Thanks! :)

Yes, it got a big conversion this year incl. a new roof combinate with a rain gutter delete!

Interior was change to RS/GT specifications incl. original RS seats and a complete new bulid up in full leather.

Suspension change from H+R street to KW V3 Cup Sport and a brake upgrade to 380mm with the GT1 discs and 996 GT3 Cup 6-piston calipers!

Last winter it got the 2 WD Conversion and a engine upgrade!

I will post pics and data the next time! :)

Greetings Christian

Al Pettee 11-06-2009 11:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Strong work, Viggo. I agree, 911 Turbo's are best black. Of course, I am a bit biased-albeit mine has cashmere/black for the interior. As for that slippery slope, for starters, you could move up to a 3.8L conversion and some GT2 EVO cams and twin-plug ignition and bigger turbo's and....:thumbsup: :rockon: :roflmao: :cheers:

V 11-09-2009 03:55 PM

Al, I've read your old threads. Your car is a beast man.. Mine is still a "pearl" but I'm getting there.. :).. Would love to do 3.8L but I think it's a little over the top for my application, which is mostly street.. I'll keep you updated as I progress.. :bigbye:

Tour18 11-11-2009 09:23 AM

Nice cars, guys.

AlexM993tt 11-11-2009 10:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Viggo

nice car and quite rare without sunroof.
I'm new to rennlist but not new to 993 turbo.
Owning my turbo since 5 year every ride is like the first day, just amazing.

Early 2007 I've did a major rebuild incl. a small upgrade.
K26 chargers, 964 cams, second oil-cooler, lighter fly-wheel, 360mm front brakes with 6-pistions calipers.

I've already been to Sweden three times.

Best regards from Germany

Alex

Sorry, if there are any spelling mistakes

Tuner1 11-11-2009 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by AlexM993tt (Post 7065540)
Hi Viggo

K26 chargers, 964 cams, second oil-cooler, lighter fly-wheel, 360mm front brakes with 6-pistions calipers.

Alex

Nice car! If only I could drive my 993TT on the Nordschleife :rockon:

Great watch website too.

V 11-11-2009 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by AlexM993tt (Post 7065540)
Hi Viggo

Alex

First of all - Alex, welcome to Rennlist!

WOW, what a nice car! Looks like schwarz metallic? (L744?)

What wheels are those? Looks like Techart Daytonas? I would love to know the sizes of your wheels (sizes, ET, innenbett/aussenbett?). Very cool! Did you have to roll the fendrs also? I love the look!

I was fortunate to find a car without a sunroof. Being tall and all, it's really a very good thing :thumbup:. If you come to Sweden again, please do tell. We need a photoshoot of the two brothers :evilgrin:.

Who did your engine rebuild? What kind of power are you producing?

Thanks for chiming in :bigbye:.

DM993tt 11-11-2009 04:21 PM

Really love those wheels on that car. brilliant.

AlexM993tt 11-12-2009 11:08 AM

Many thanks to all for the warm welcome.

You're right, it's a Tech-Art Daytona, color is L744.
8.5 x 18 ET (Offset) 40
11 x 18 ET 25

The fenders have been rolled.
In early 2007 the engine rebuild was done by SHK racetec.
It's a small company without a bling-bling showroom but with a lot know-how.
Luckily they are only 40mls away from my home, I've been there at least once week to look for the progress.
I haven't found a 4-wheel-dyno, so I only can estimate, 580hp and a max torque of 800Nm.
It runs into the rev-limiter at 7.050 with 330km/h.
At this speed also a German Autobahn is very narrow!!

Next year in summer I'll be in Sweden with the turbo and will be based in Malmo.

Best regards

Alex

V 11-15-2009 06:00 PM

Very nice. Alex, I'd like to ask you a few things about your car, can you PM me your email address? We should try and get together next time you are in Sweden.

race.it 11-15-2009 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alex, loving your car (think mine is the same spec, colour and wheels) I have been debating if to paint the centers when I have them refurbed, your car has made that decision for me :)

What suspension are you running?