Sponsored by:

Pictures from the Patrick Long event

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 02:08 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures from the Patrick Long event

Of course I'm biased but the best looking car on the track was my red 993 turbo!! Posting the link below here for those of you who might not surf the racing threads. It was a fantastic event. Lots of cool pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/RSKYBZ/
Old 10-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you guys had a great time!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:50 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

We did have a great time. There's a good thread under the racing forum on this. If you get the chance to do it next year you should try and make it. The caliber of pro drivers and instruction is as good as it can get for a very reasonable price, even after having my car hauled down there.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks like a nice collection of cars and no doubt Mr Long provided some good tips.

What suspension upgrades does your 993TT have? It appears to have lots of body roll vs many of the other cars in the photos.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:56 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

No that's just me going crazy fast!! Actually I think it's several things. The suspension is bilstein rsr with eibach springs. The bilstein's probably need to be rebuilt as they are 10 years old. A good winter project. Most of the pictures are from a section of the track called rattlesnake. Very tight twisty sections there. Also, I run my car at PCA J class weight which is roughly 3450 lbs. Heavy beast to manage in those tight corners. Patrick took my car out by himself and did a 1.197. Best I could do was a 1.208. I was pushing and I'm sure he wasn't since it wasn't his car.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 AM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The suspension is bilstein rsr with eibach springs. The bilstein's probably need to be rebuilt as they are 10 years old. A good winter project.
Why don't you buy my Bilstein RSR coilovers with 625/800 springs and keeps yours as a spare set

Most of the pictures are from a section of the track called rattlesnake. Very tight twisty sections there. Also, I run my car at PCA J class weight which is roughly 3450 lbs. Heavy beast to manage in those tight corners.
Ah ha, that makes sense. 3450lbs with driver - correct? What size Hoosiers are you using on those 996TT wheels?

Patrick took my car out by himself and did a 1.197. Best I could do was a 1.208. I was pushing and I'm sure he wasn't since it wasn't his car.
Your lap time sounds very impressive. Good driving!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:58 AM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

What are you running instead of the bilsteins? I was thinking if I don't rebuild then I would replace with some moton club sports. What's the scoop on your coilovers? Why are you selling? How old etc etc.

I run R6's in 245 and 315. Biggest issue I face right now is the awd push. With my current setup I am maxed out at 2.5 degrees of camber in the front and need to make some changes there to get it up to 3.0+ and secondly I need more rubber up front. I think 265 will help but I don't see how to get there. In tight twisty's I'm already rubbing a bit on the fronts. More camber and fender rolling will probably make it work.

Lap times seemed pretty good. I corded a right front tire after the first day. Patrick is so smooth and consistent. I am sure he could rip off 1.18's lap after lap for hours. Big big difference between those pro's and us amateur's. Sure was fun though.

Quick Reply: Pictures from the Patrick Long event