Oil leak power-steering

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:06 PM
993Twinturbo 3,6
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak power-steering

Hello.
Anybody having problem with oil coming up from the steering oiltank cap ventilation pipe.
It`s throwing oil and only when on the track and pushing hard.
Did change the cap and it was good for almost a year so thought have solved the problem but now it`s back.
Also checked the oil level many times and have it around low. Not a big issue but irritating,don`t like oil leaks.

Thanks.

Kurt
993 Turbo-97
Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a leaky pressure hose that airflow was blowing around the area. I think it probably happened when the engine was removed and they forgot to disconnect that hose. I remember it being the hose that feeds the clutch system, but a careful inspection of the crimped ends should tell the tale.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
993Twinturbo 3,6
Track Day

Originally Posted by 911/Q45
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a leaky pressure hose that airflow was blowing around the area. I think it probably happened when the engine was removed and they forgot to disconnect that hose. I remember it being the hose that feeds the clutch system, but a careful inspection of the crimped ends should tell the tale.
Hello 911/Q45.
Yes, but quite sure that the oil are blowing up thru the ventilation-pipe in the cap. There is a rubber-hat there and oil blows that away when it happens. Did check the level today again, and it`s almost under minimum now ( lost some oil of course) . Anybody having this issue when on the track ?
Thanks.

/ Kurt

Quick Reply: Oil leak power-steering