Sponsored by:

993tt pics buried in my new venture

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:09 PM
lruss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993tt pics buried in my new venture

Hi and im probably going to get shot down for this post but like many i took the opportunity to go out alone after the corporate side melt down (one good reason for not searching rennlist daily or posting topics for a while,

yes a car dealer now! - more of a (play with more toys while the wife takes over bill responsibilities) check out www.sortusacar.com for some TT modeling

cheers and im now 2000 miles on a set of 16g's with protomotive tuning and the odd mixed in tank of 100 octane - its insanely fast and very addictive.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear those turbos are working out for you! Told you that you would like the new power
Old 08-14-2009, 01:32 PM
lruss
Instructor

Hey Josh, just been reading up on all the threads ive missed, youve been busy- still the second best looking TT. Them turbos were the best thing i did to this car - 3rd gear used to be my favorite but now 5th, find an open quiet stretch, go WOT and fme.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lruss
Hey Josh, just been reading up on all the threads ive missed, youve been busy- still the second best looking TT. Them turbos were the best thing i did to this car - 3rd gear used to be my favorite but now 5th, find an open quiet stretch, go WOT and fme.
Great! I glad you are happy with the upgrade. Let me know when your ready to switch to K24/18g's with fueling
Old 08-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

Good luck with the bus.
please share more info on the mods and results.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:20 PM
lruss
Instructor

Thanks Turbodan, well some time back my turbos started to leak and i wasnt getn that kick in the **** anymore, I only had 38k miles on the clock at the time (after 2yrs ownership). So i put the 6ft lift to use in the garage and ventured into turbo removal, 6 weeks later and after many to and fro's with Josh (Spartan) and Todd from Protomotive (Really nice guy) i ended up with:
Hybrid turbos - 16/16G's - same as Barney
Protomotive tuned, MAF sensor update, different actuators, greddy boost controller etc etc - Todd thinks im close to or above 500 horses - i dont really care what the BHP is but the feeling is completly different from stock , stupid quick and yes you need to be alot more careful and respectful of the beast. oh i also run without mufflers - got the fabspeeds - sounds like a tug boat on start up but i love it, specially listening to the turbos spooling. So 6 months down the line im oil free, smoke free and fast as .....

id reckomend any one thats confident with a spanner and tinkered around with their TT's to just jump in and DIY when the time comes.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Yea....more K16/16G's glad you like it....Mine runs like a rocket..Perfect set-up for the street. NO LAG...just BOOST
Old 08-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Yea....more K16/16G's glad you lik it....Mine runs like a rocket..Perfect set-up for the street. NO LAG...just BOOST
Old 08-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

what type of cost is involved if you diy? approx. I see this in my future. are we talking 10, 15 ?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:54 AM
lruss
Instructor

big apols for not responding quicker Danny, 6k for almost 500 horses - patience, and rennlist buddies a must, take some advice with a pinch of salt and just get your hands dirty.

Tell you what ive been daily driving (almost) the tt for the past 3 months
(got the rid of the H2 - wife thought it was impracticle) and it runs amazing, i always thought it was going to be a garage queen but i throw both my boys in the back and they love it, especially the tug boat sound on a cold start up, there to small to appreciate WOT but dads stupid enough to do it in 5th when no ones looking.
PM if you want all the details on my DIY adventure.

cheers
Old 03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
lruss
Instructor

got a new porsche listed and gone indoors, i think i could almost match some of the nice garages listed, if not for mod cons but definately for size, turning the new venture into a bit of man/women cave for anyone who wants to stop by, and Josh im still watching your posts. I might dress the TT up and give it a new photo shoot, best thing about having a garage with distance from the house is the boys cant run their toy cars along the sides of dads wagon.

Quick Reply: 993tt pics buried in my new venture