993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freshly detailed 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009 | 08:44 PM
Tour18
Banned

Great pics. Great job. Thanks for the addition to my 993TT library.
Old 09-01-2009 | 07:05 AM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Roarke01 said: [The "Turbo" badge on your car appears different than mine. The "T" is straight on your while mine appears italic. You can kind of tell in this picture. Maybe it's just me].

-----------------------------------
Know what your query here about the shape of the T in the logo intrigued me..! So I searched, more like researched this T thing. Here is the result:

Straight T is the way it should be in the original turbo badge of the 993TT, as it was introduced/produced back in 1990's.

Supporting evidence ;-) :

1- checked early copies of Porsche Christophurus magazine - when they first introduced the 'new' 993TT. Straight T.

2- on my car and other 993 TT cars at Porsche dealership. Straight T.

3- please refer to Porsche 993 PET catalog - page 356, u will see it as T - straight.

Lastly, checking with dealer, other later models on site. The T in italic style was introduced as of the 996 TT and later models.

So....! I am afraid to report that the badge on your 993TT is not original. I am not suggesting that you (or previous owner) of yr beauty/toy had rear end incident and had to replace the logo with 996 Turbo badge... It might been that someone had stolen - as it happens so often - the original Turbo badge from back of car.

Note: I asked dealer if he had any new 993 Turbo badge at his spare parts dept...said no...all they got was for post 993 models. So, most probably its no longer in production.
Old 09-01-2009 | 09:36 AM
roarke01
Instructor

Elporscha:

Yes, you are correct, I have the newer badge on my 1996. Spartan had an extra and was nice enough to sell it to me. My mechanic did a PPI when I bought it a couple of years ago and no damage was detected. So, I think that most likely some POS wanted a trophy. I will keep the newer one on for a while longer and then change it out.

Any suggestions from the group on the best way to do this? Removal without damage and proper alignment could be a challenge.......

Quick Reply: Freshly detailed 993TT