Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arena Red here I come!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:08 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Was the engine up to operating temp and were you on level ground when looking for an oil level? These level gauges are finicky. They could be just 1/2q low and have no reading on the gauge. Good pressure and temp do not mean there is sufficient oil.

Are you planning on getting a PPI? A good one will smoke out all the issues - no pun intended.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:35 PM
turbobooost
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

REAR WIPER IS OK !! THAT IS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSE TO WORK..
Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Glock993
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Was the engine up to operating temp and were you on level ground when looking for an oil level? These level gauges are finicky. They could be just 1/2q low and have no reading on the gauge. Good pressure and temp do not mean there is sufficient oil.

Are you planning on getting a PPI? A good one will smoke out all the issues - no pun intended.
Yes, the engine was up to operating temps but I was never on ground level much. I live in a city with lots of hills and was moving most of the time so I couldn't get an accurate read. I don't believe I ever saw the level indicator move.

Yeah, I think a good PPI would do the trick although I'd like to be present when the inspection occurs.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Glock993
Track Day

Originally Posted by turbobooost
REAR WIPER IS OK !! THAT IS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSE TO WORK..
Awesome, thanks!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 04:55 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

[QUOTE=Glock993;6790261]Yes, the engine was up to operating temps but I was never on ground level much. I live in a city with lots of hills and was moving most of the time so I couldn't get an accurate read. I don't believe I ever saw the level indicator move. QUOTE]

To get any kind of reading on oil level you have to be on level ground and you have to stay there for a while. It takes a while for the oil to settle enough for a measurement. Gauge probably won't move at all otherwise.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Dick in TN
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am puzzled.
39K miles sounds really low for valve guides and turbos. Perhaps not unheard of but still very early IMO.
But OK then why oil leaks?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:05 AM
Glock993
Track Day

Dammit!!!!

Great......The guy I thought I would be signing the title over today is giving me some kind of run-around.

He tells me to call him at noon to meet up at his place...so I call him and he doesn't pick up the phone.

He then emails me telling me his daughter is sick and won't be able to meet up at the agreed time because he has to take his daughter to the doctors. I think...okay, no prob family comes first. Oddly he ends the email by telling me that with all the running around he managed to lose his cell phone charger, his phone is dead, and that he would check emails in the afternoon and let me know. He tells me if I could meet up tomorrow but I don't get off 'till late.

Well, I haven't heard anything yet. It's been almost 10 hours since he emailed me. Probably could have bought a charger by then and gave me a heads up. Heck people still use land lines, could have used that right?

Isn't it common courtesy to keep people updated???

What do you guys think? Sound shady at all???????

I'm gonna re-post my ad again because I've been through this s%$@ before.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:00 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Could be legit, sh$t happens, but does make one take note.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:12 PM
roarke01
Instructor

+1 to TT Surgeon

If his behavior so far has been trustworthy, give him the benefit of doubt for now. If it the pattern continues, drop him and find another car.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

doesn't he have your money?
I also would give him benefit of doubt but only till tonight.
good luck, we will keep our fingers crossed.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Glock993
Track Day

I think I wasn't clear in my statement. I'm trying to sell my current car but the guy that's buying it is giving me the run around, tons of excuses.

Today he emails me that I should swing by his place, pick him up and then drive back to my house so he can pick up the car and drive it back home. He tells me to email or call him for directions, I do so and after 3 calls and several emails no reply, nothing.

It's only been two days that I've been dealing with this but I'm steaming!!!

I mean, I met the guy in person so he could look at my car, drive it and agreed on a price and the next thing you know this BS happens. WTF!??!?!??!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

what's the story on the Arena Red one?
do you have a contract or deposit on the car you are selling?
Old 08-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Glock993
Track Day

Originally Posted by Turbodan
what's the story on the Arena Red one?
do you have a contract or deposit on the car you are selling?
There's no story on the Arena Red, I will basically buy it once I sell the car I own now.

I don't have a contract or deposit on the car I'm selling now. When I met the guy we just made a verbal agreement and exchanged contact info. So far I've been given the run around. If I can't sell my car I won't be able to buy the Arena Red because I have a 1 car garage and don't want to park either car outside.

I already sent the guy an email stating if he's not serious then stop wasting my f'ing time.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Doesn't this really **** you off! What a PITA.
I hope your sale goe's through, and when it doe's this will all just be a distant memory, especially when you are screaming down a twisty road having the time of your life.
GL
Old 08-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Glock993
Track Day

Originally Posted by 993MAN
Doesn't this really **** you off! What a PITA.
I hope your sale goe's through, and when it doe's this will all just be a distant memory, especially when you are screaming down a twisty road having the time of your life.
GL
Absolutely, that's what I'm waiting for!!!! That time needs to come soon!!!!

Quick Reply: Arena Red here I come!!!!!