Slight vibration when lifting off the throttle

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 02:52 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight vibration when lifting off the throttle

Seems to dispear when accelerating. Maybe an alignment or wheel out of balance problem?

Last edited by SA Mike; 03-20-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to say wheel balance. Did you check to see if any of the wheel weights fell off? Thats the first place to start....
Old 03-20-2009, 03:14 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

No I haven't I check when I get home, thanks I'm thinking it's something like that
Old 03-20-2009, 04:51 PM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

sounds like wheel issue but i have encountered this problem with very low tire pressure in one tire. Hard to notice by eye because of the profile.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Update, took in the car to find out what the problem was and....one of the wheel nuts was missing. I don't konw if someone tried to steal the wheel or what. The vibration got so bad it snapped one of the studs in half.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Update, took in the car to find out what the problem was and....one of the wheel nuts was missing. I don't konw if someone tried to steal the wheel or what. The vibration got so bad it snapped one of the studs in half.
yikes it snapped a stud in half? Something isn't right here. First thing take that rim to be balanced and make sure its good. When you replace that stud you have to take the hub off to press it out (and replace the wheel bearing). I would go out of your way and replace all of the studs on that wheel just in case.

What I'm wondering is how only one stud was damage if all the other lugs were tight? Doesn't make sense
Old 03-23-2009, 01:53 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spartan
yikes it snapped a stud in half? Something isn't right here. First thing take that rim to be balanced and make sure its good. When you replace that stud you have to take the hub off to press it out (and replace the wheel bearing). I would go out of your way and replace all of the studs on that wheel just in case.

What I'm wondering is how only one stud was damage if all the other lugs were tight? Doesn't make sense
Well the wheel was coming off, the other lugs were were loose as well. I don't know how that happened other than someone trying to take off the wheel to steal it. Sounds weird but I was there when they took off the wheel. the stud was broke in half. They checked the wheel out and it seems alright (that was my first concern). Porsche is doing the work, since I don't have the tools or the experience to do it myself.

Quick Reply: Slight vibration when lifting off the throttle