Sponsored by:

Finally... New to me 993

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 01:21 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Viggo-- Any Arena Red 993 is gorgeous. Any 993 Turbo is an amazing machine. You've done incredibly well combining both. Drive safe & have fun!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Viggo,
Congrats on a lovely optioned and nice looking car.....
Any mods planned??
Simon.
Silly question Simon....
there is no choice ....with 10 000 fellow rennlisters encouraging him
Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Well Viggo, you did it! You will enjoy the car so much. It looks like a stunner.
Shame it's winter, but only 102 more sleeps and you can get her out
Well done.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 AM
V
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
congrats Viggo!!! Looks like a great car, love the sunroof delete
Thanks Josh . And the fastest color too right? Well, maybe the second fastest after Nogaro..

Originally Posted by bb993tt
Ausgezeitnet, Viggo! Another "Kills bugs fast" owner. Best of luck with it. As for your boost comment - I don't believe you'll ever want to go back to NA.
Amen to that . I doubt I will be going back to NA, these machines are just the pinnacle of mechanical engineering !

Originally Posted by Rassel
Gratulerar, den ser ju helt ny ut!!!
Tackar Magnus, den är nästan för fin. Du förstår säkert vad jag menar. Även om jag tvivlar på att det blir åka av på bana just med denna så hoppas jag på att få träffas och prata lite bil någongång framöver..

Originally Posted by wagongotya
dead sexy...love the sunroof and rain gutter delete. very subtle
Thanks Matt . Rain gutter delete?? Wait a minute how could I've missed that??? . Seriously that would have been killer though.. hehe.

Originally Posted by Q
....silly question, are your snow tyres 17 or 18's ?
Thanks for the kind words Q . As for the winter tires, they are regular Cup2's 17inch and barely clear the big reds in the front..

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Viggo,

Congrats on a lovely optioned and nice looking car.....

Any mods planned??

Simon.
Thanks Simon. I'm going to be an idiot and say no mods planned except for new tires if you call that a mod. I'm going to stay as close to original as possible but I know I've said that before.. hehehe. A track project with a 993TT as the base has always been a dream. I will do that sooner rather than later. be it with this car or the next.

Originally Posted by 993MAN
Well Viggo, you did it! You will enjoy the car so much. It looks like a stunner.
Shame it's winter, but only 102 more sleeps and you can get her out
Well done.
Graham, I wish were lived closer to eachother. A photoshoot with the two Arena red beasts would be killer . You getting a 993TT really inspired me to say the least. You have great taste my friend
Old 01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Tackar Magnus, den är nästan för fin. Du förstår säkert vad jag menar. Även om jag tvivlar på att det blir åka av på bana just med denna så hoppas jag på att få träffas och prata lite bil någongång framöver..
Absolut! Och ifall du vill kan du ju alltid dyka upp vid banan, så bjuder jag på några varv.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Deleting the drip rail is not exactly trivial, but you could install the Ruf pieces that fit either side of the windshield (windscreen) to improve air flow across the A pillar.

Lucky to find a sunroof delete car! Does it have a back seat? Always nice to find a low mile, "unmolested" car. Congratulations.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

beautiful car Viggo - congratulations
Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 PM
wagongotya
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
He has gutters from the looks of it
lol i must be getting old...a friend linked me to an arena 993 w/ rain gutter delete and now this arena with a sunroof delete yesterday. I may officially be senile
Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey, wait a minute... I just had a terrible thought. Does this mean you won't be posting pics of the pretty cars you run across?

I will miss seeing all of the interesting cars you have posted while on the hunt!
Congrats again
Old 01-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 366 Posts

congrats. looks like a great car. once you go turbo you can't go back. those tires are very dangerous and hard. you may find the shocks are shot too...not sure what is on there.
agian welcome to the club and enjoy. you may find yourself sneaking into the garage to peak now and then...ask me how I know...I still do it and I'm on my 3rd winter with the beast.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:50 PM
MOD500
Racer

Great find

Enjoy
Old 01-27-2009, 06:55 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
you may find yourself sneaking into the garage to peak now and then...ask me how I know...I still do it and I'm on my 3rd winter with the beast.
mine is covered during winter storage - peeking is not that rewarding. or you you remove a cover for viewing?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:22 AM
V
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rassel
Absolut! Och ifall du vill kan du ju alltid dyka upp vid banan, så bjuder jag på några varv.
hehhe.. Dina varv skulle i alla fall gå snabbt.. Det är långt ifrån vad man kan säga om mina Bor du i Sthlm?

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Lucky to find a sunroof delete car! Does it have a back seat? Always nice to find a low mile, "unmolested" car. Congratulations.
Unfortunately it has a back seat.. You can't get everything but I all can say is I'm pretty damn happy as it is . I'm going to try and keep it "unmolested". We'll see how that goes..

Originally Posted by MarkD
hey, wait a minute... I just had a terrible thought. Does this mean you won't be posting pics of the pretty cars you run across?

I will miss seeing all of the interesting cars you have posted while on the hunt!
Congrats again
Thanks Mark. I am always active in searching, it's part of the fun IMHO . Although not as actively as before, I'll keep my eyes open and share any kind of candy I happen come across.. deal? I can accept a custom 2wd transmount as a downpayment..

Originally Posted by Turbodan
congrats. looks like a great car. once you go turbo you can't go back. those tires are very dangerous and hard. you may find the shocks are shot too...not sure what is on there.
agian welcome to the club and enjoy. you may find yourself sneaking into the garage to peak now and then...ask me how I know...I still do it and I'm on my 3rd winter with the beast.
Mine is under the cover at present. I will pull it off in the weekend to have a look at it . New rubber is on the list. Will check the shocks, they are original but not sure of condition..
Old 01-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vhanzon
hehhe.. Dina varv skulle i alla fall gå snabbt.. Det är långt ifrån vad man kan säga om mina Bor du i Sthlm?
Yupp!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it

But those wheels are only on temporary, right?

Quick Reply: Finally... New to me 993