Sponsored by:

Rear Bumper Cover Removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
My1st911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Bumper Cover Removal

Is there a write-up on removing the rear bumper? I searched, but wasn't able to find one. All I could find was a write-up on removing the front bumper cover.

I'm also planning on removing the mufflers, so if there is a write-up on that, I would love to see it as well.

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:07 AM
KM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty stright forward. This link to Basal Skull's turbo removal covers the bumper cover and exhaust. Have fun...

KM
Old 12-08-2008, 03:47 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumper cover can be a bitch - tons of hidden attachments. There's a grommet where the wires for the taillights go into the engine bay. You can disconnect a connector there that allows you to remove the harness with the bumper. Remove the corner lights, remove the rear wheel well liners (probably have to take off the wheels). Unbolt the bottom edge of the bumper cover from the metal it's attached to. Undo the flathead screws above the reflector. I removed the reflector, but I don't believe it's necessary. Unbolt the bumper from the stand-offs that go around the mufflers. Remove the cover - you'll have to finesse the little triangles that fit behind the fenders (if I remember correctly). Good luck.

Muffler removal - if they haven't been off recently (or ever) spray some Liquid Wrench or equivalent on the clamp bolts. Let sit. Remove the clamps and then loosen the mounting straps. Careful - they weigh at least twenty pounds each.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
My1st911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. Thanks guys...that is a big help.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:27 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't touch the center reflector; there's no need to. And it's a huge pain to get back in place and aligned and such.

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper Cover Removal