Sponsored by:

Friend looking for a *highly* modified turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LAT
I spoke to the seller last winter prior to buying my RS Tuning car and I found the owner to be very good and forth coming. I also spoke to the service manager at Farnbacker Loles and they were straight up as they had extensive knowledge of the car. Overall a good experience.

I passed as it is more of a track car than I was looking for.

Good luck with your search.
He called about it a month or so ago and the reaction he received was well....... short and unpolite. This is a personal friend of mine, a humble guy whom is overly patient and VERY polite about everything, he says it so then to me it is so in my eyes Lots of things can change in a year. Great car non the less. Farnbacker loles is also a great shop from the small experience I have had with them.

Keep em coming guys, this is a rare buyer for those highly modified 993tt's out there. When he picks his car up he'll be a major contributor to this forum i promise!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps you could give us an idea of his budget and goals?
If he intends to buy a "cheaper" car and then do all the mods, it might actually be more cost effective to buy a car like CJ's and install the fenders.
Andial motor's run about 55k and up.
(No he can't have mine!)
Old 11-16-2008, 09:21 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Spartan
Any track prepped or street monster than someone wants to offload please post it up or pm me.

He's specifically looking for a track oriented car so if anyone with such a beast has been thinking of selling this is your guy. Mileage and condition will take a back seat to mods.

Things like hybrid turbos, motons, bolt in cages, GT3 seats (or others), etc are good things there

Thanks guys!
Is your friend knowledgeable about porsches?
Jimmy
Old 11-17-2008, 03:08 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shanepotter
A Nice Canvas -
993TT 3.8L Twin Plug
LOL @ 95 g's, you can count your blessings IF you get 65......................
Old 11-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Hwyranger
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

He called about it a month or so ago and the reaction he received was well....... short and unpolite. This is a personal friend of mine, a humble guy whom is overly patient and VERY polite about everything, he says it so then to me it is so in my eyes Lots of things can change in a year. Great car non the less. Farnbacker loles is also a great shop from the small experience I have had with them.

Keep em coming guys, this is a rare buyer for those highly modified 993tt's out there. When he picks his car up he'll be a major contributor to this forum i promise!
I thought I saw this car for sale on Rick Sloan's website not too long ago (3 weeks). You might wanna check with him, he may have it now.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

He found one! White 993tt with all the track goodies on it 35kmiles and went for the high $50k's.

This guy will be a great contributor the forum and should be alot of fun around here (wagongotya)

thanks to everyone that posted up links etc
Old 11-20-2008, 01:29 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

cool deal, love to see the car as well as having another junkie here on this forum!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

our tts look awesome in white. can't wait to see pics. what mods have been done on the car?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Turbodan
our tts look awesome in white. can't wait to see pics. what mods have been done on the car?
Motons, ERP monoballs, 14inch bbk, k16/24's, proto tuning, bolt in factory cage covered in leather, GT2 uprights, GT2 rear wing etc.

I've been in the on the track before and its really strong, he is going to have a blast with this thing. We both have plans this winter for some water/meth injection and custom tuning The nice thing is we have a local friend with a 100% stock tt so we can get a good baseline down on the dyno to how much power we are really making over stock.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 11-21-2008, 12:50 AM
DualSpool
Track Day

hell yea!!! nice work Josh!! Matt's gotta be stoked!!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DualSpool
hell yea!!! nice work Josh!! Matt's gotta be stoked!!
lol yeah I don't think this forum is ready once matt and I start messing with tune's and WI

Going to be a fun year thats for sure!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

what tracks do you run? I hear mid america is a lot of fun. and is he going to bolt on the gt2 fenders? and pics???
Old 11-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Turbodan
what tracks do you run? I hear mid america is a lot of fun. and is he going to bolt on the gt2 fenders? and pics???
I run anything around the chicago area (2-3 hrs drive). No Road America for me this year but Autobahn, Blackhawk, Gingerman, Grattan were my main spots. Next year will have a few RA stops.

No pics as yet, the car has some work that needs to be performed by the previous owner so once that is done I'm sure he'll post up pic's but it will be a few weeks for sure.

He'll be doing GT2 fenders as well but he's doing the smart thing and letting his friend (me) do his first so he can learn what to do and what not to do
Old 11-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

I run anything around the chicago area (2-3 hrs drive). No Road America for me this year but Autobahn, Blackhawk, Gingerman, Grattan were my main spots. Next year will have a few RA stops.

No pics as yet, the car has some work that needs to be performed by the previous owner so once that is done I'm sure he'll post up pic's but it will be a few weeks for sure.

He'll be doing GT2 fenders as well but he's doing the smart thing and letting his friend (me) do his first so he can learn what to do and what not to do

thanks for answering...I am looking forward to hear progress and track experience.

Quick Reply: Friend looking for a *highly* modified turbo